Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pottery Barn SCT- hard pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pottery Barn SCT- hard pull

Hello, just wanted to put this one out there. I got a SCT prescreen offer while shopping on Pottery barn's website today, and it was a hard pull on EX for me. $4,000 CL. My other cards have higher limits and my EX is a good score, so I called customer service soon after to request a CLI. I got a rep and after confirming my info, she transferred me to an analyst. At this point I wasn't aware they had done a HP, so I thought I was still operating without one. This lady said the highest they could go without pulling credit was $6,000. I was hoping for 10k, but settled for 6k thinking it was still a SP. I also have 3 other comenity cards So I wasn't a new customer or etc.. just beware the HP may happen if you attempt CLI.
Also as I've seen on other posts I had no luck with Robolady... I got transferred right away to a person.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Pottery Barn SCT- hard pull

Thanks for the info and Congrats! on the approval plus squeezing an extra couple thousand to go with it.

Message 2 of 10
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Pottery Barn back in January and got 2500 dollar limit and went to the store two days later to get my card number.  Went home called the robolady for a CLI and they increased me to 3500 dollars and no hard pull. Month later I called the robolady again and they bumped it up to 5k and I received a hard pull.

I like the Pottery Barn card as you get 0 percent interest if you pay the balance within 12 months.   Easy way to keep a balance on a card to help the Fico scores.  As they will approve the card with very very low scores at levels where you won't get 0 percent anywhere else. Plus their furniture is pretty rock solid and they put everything together for you. 

One thing to note I bought a dinning room set on their site and my credit card gave me an offer of 15 percent off. I put set in my cart and didn't buy.  They  then sent me a did you forget something email with a 20 percent off coupon. As the dinning room furniture was already 30 percent off it seemed like a good deal. So if you want more savings try the second shopping cart trick to get an additional 5 percent off. 

Oh and conrgatulations.  

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip frogman
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 10
racerofmx527

Just tried for them myself and it was a house with the dreaded letter in 7-10 days
started at 5/17
TU-502 EX-506 EQ-532

As of 8/17
TU-589 EX-593 EQ-593
Message 7 of 10
racerofmx527

**hp not house haha
started at 5/17
TU-502 EX-506 EQ-532

As of 8/17
TU-589 EX-593 EQ-593
Message 8 of 10
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yup.

Overstock through the SCT garnered me a Hard Pull along with a $350 SL
Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats OpSmiley Happy

Lol, racerofmx527, if we only got house's instead of hard pulls, id app every day for lifeSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.