Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval -- Frontgate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Approval -- Frontgate

So I go a "pre-approval" letter from Frontgate last night.  I'm re-building,and I realize this is not really that big a deal to most, but it's my first pre-approval letter that isn't Fingerhut so I've got to be moving in the right direction??

I'm not really sure if I should accept it?  Frankly, I could use the additional credit to pad my utilization but I already have several Comenity cards, a few that I obtained in the last month with $2k limits, including a Sportsman's Guide Visa. I'm surprised they are offering me another card. I've even tried to get the SCT on this with no luck.  

I do really like this store, and I like the financing options they offer.  I would not get a ton of use out of it but it would come in handy when buying a larger piece of furniture. They do run 20% off sales, as I've noted since I have been on their email list.  I figure this card would have a decent starting limit and probably grows fast.  I hate that they don't tell you how much you are pre-approved for.  I really don't even want to consider it for less than $2k.   I'm finally done with the toy limits I think - yay!

What kind of starting limit does Frontgate offer, especially for someone re-building and scores in the mid to lower 600's? Does it grow along the lines of Overstock, J Crew, etc?

I am not planning to apply for anything for at least a year, possibly two years on credit cards.  I may try for a mortgage next year or so and then CC's the year after that. I need positive aging on the accounts I do have, plus all my baddies won't fall off until next April - June.  Also, all of my current accts are new, other than my student loan, so I am not too worried about AAoA.  
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Approval -- Frontgate

It's a crap shoot when it comes to SL's.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I go a "pre-approval" letter from Frontgate last night.  I'm re-building,and I realize this is not really that big a deal to most, but it's my first pre-approval letter that isn't Fingerhut so I've got to be moving in the right direction??

I'm not really sure if I should accept it?  Frankly, I could use the additional credit to pad my utilization but I already have several Comenity cards, a few that I obtained in the last month with $2k limits, including a Sportsman's Guide Visa. I'm surprised they are offering me another card. I've even tried to get the SCT on this with no luck.  

I do really like this store, and I like the financing options they offer.  I would not get a ton of use out of it but it would come in handy when buying a larger piece of furniture. They do run 20% off sales, as I've noted since I have been on their email list.  I figure this card would have a decent starting limit and probably grows fast.  I hate that they don't tell you how much you are pre-approved for.  I really don't even want to consider it for less than $2k.   I'm finally done with the toy limits I think - yay!

What kind of starting limit does Frontgate offer, especially for someone re-building and scores in the mid to lower 600's? Does it grow along the lines of Overstock, J Crew, etc?

I am not planning to apply for anything for at least a year, possibly two years on credit cards.  I may try for a mortgage next year or so and then CC's the year after that. I need positive aging on the accounts I do have, plus all my baddies won't fall off until next April - June.  Also, all of my current accts are new, other than my student loan, so I am not too worried about AAoA.  

Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

My scores were similar to yours, with an old BK reporting, and one baddie... approved for $2500.via SCT

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.