Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval Page on Chase Gave Me Nothing

tag
HomeBuyerSpring2021
New Contributor

Pre-Approval Page on Chase Gave Me Nothing

So after much discussion here on the boards, I decided to apply for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card, so I could have a 0% card for the upcoming months. I know it's a hard pull, but I don't have any inquiries & don't plan to apply for a loan/mortgage in the next 12 months. My FICO8s are 725-734 (just recently having gone up 25+ points due to a final derogatory account from the 2008 recession fall-out being removed). Vantage3 that my Chase account has recently pulled is 766.

I've had the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards card since 8/2016. I've always paid the card on time, probably 95% of the time paid in full. Current balance is $0. My interest rate is 24.24%, so while I could ask for a CLI on that card, since I'll be likely carrying a balance for the next few months that doesn't look appealing.

When I signed in & filled out the pre-qual form on Chase's site, it said it didn't have any offers for me. Then it said, this might be because of my preference settings for receiving offers. When I look at my preferences, I don't see one that would block them (not their affiliates) from giving me offers.

My issue is that I'm in a small window where my reported balances look as good as they are going to look for a while & my other cards who would do a soft pull haven't updated their regular pulls of my credit score to reflect the greatly improved score & won't until early May by which time my reported balances aren't going to look as pretty.

So my question is, should I view this lack of offers on the pre-qual screen as a warning sign not to waste a hard pull on this card? And if so, is there a good 0% card I should go for? I currently have cards from Citi, CapOne, AMEX, Chase, Discover all of whom have my lower FICO on file & won't update until May, so I'd sacrifice a hard pull on a new-to-me card issuer if they have a quality 0% card.

Thanks in advance,

Kimberly

Common MyFICO Abbreviations: Common Forum Abbreviations

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Approval Page on Chase Gave Me Nothing

I've never had a prequal for Chase.

But have had six or seven CCs with them over the last 4 or 5 years.

Message 2 of 27
Mv350
Valued Contributor

If you are under the 5 new card accounts in the last 24 months and have a positive banking relationship with them, including a card. I'm sure that you would be ok to apply for a new chase card. Pre-approvals don't always mean yes, and nothing doesn't always mean no. 

Message 3 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

With history, zero inquiries, and under 5/24 you should be ok. Not sure on amount they give you but its as good as you can get heading into a Chase application. Good luckSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!! 

Message 5 of 27
HomeBuyerSpring2021
New Contributor

Okay I have something to admit to you all now ... I LOVE YOU!!!!

Just applied. Was approved for $17,700. My highest credit limit on any card as of yesterday was $9,400. I'm thrilled!

The 2008 recession right as I was getting divorced, had no income other than a co-owned business that was decimated & my mother got sick in another city with a rare chronic lung bacterial infection (that I had to manage) & then Alzheimer's (she's still living). Oh and I had 4 & 7 year old children. That last of 4 derogatory accounts finally fell off this week & while I've been managing my credit between then & now, my hands were really tied as to how much movement I could make. So this was my first step toward freedom!

So thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone on this forum who shares their wisdom.

Kimberly

Common MyFICO Abbreviations: Common Forum Abbreviations

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HomeBuyerSpring2021 wrote:

... approved for $17,700 ...

Sweeeeeeeeeet approval -- Congrats! Smiley Happy I love a happy ending. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I totally forgot about the prequal page for Chase and decided today to give it a go for funsies. I've never seen a prequal spit back it's answer so fast. It was like literally as soon as I hit the submit button, it instantly came back laughing at me. Robot LOL

Message 8 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@HomeBuyerSpring2021 

Congratulations on your success!!

We love you too!!❤️

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.