CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-Approval Page on Chase Gave Me Nothing

Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾🎈!!!

Message 11 of 27
trant3
Established Contributor

I've never had prequal from that tool yet have been approved for over 4-5 cards with Chase. With your profile and if youre under 5/24, you will be approved no doubt. 

@HomeBuyerSpring2021 wrote:

So after much discussion here on the boards, I decided to apply for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card, so I could have a 0% card for the upcoming months. I know it's a hard pull, but I don't have any inquiries & don't plan to apply for a loan/mortgage in the next 12 months. My FICO8s are 725-734 (just recently having gone up 25+ points due to a final derogatory account from the 2008 recession fall-out being removed). Vantage3 that my Chase account has recently pulled is 766.

I've had the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards card since 8/2016. I've always paid the card on time, probably 95% of the time paid in full. Current balance is $0. My interest rate is 24.24%, so while I could ask for a CLI on that card, since I'll be likely carrying a balance for the next few months that doesn't look appealing.

When I signed in & filled out the pre-qual form on Chase's site, it said it didn't have any offers for me. Then it said, this might be because of my preference settings for receiving offers. When I look at my preferences, I don't see one that would block them (not their affiliates) from giving me offers.

My issue is that I'm in a small window where my reported balances look as good as they are going to look for a while & my other cards who would do a soft pull haven't updated their regular pulls of my credit score to reflect the greatly improved score & won't until early May by which time my reported balances aren't going to look as pretty.

So my question is, should I view this lack of offers on the pre-qual screen as a warning sign not to waste a hard pull on this card? And if so, is there a good 0% card I should go for? I currently have cards from Citi, CapOne, AMEX, Chase, Discover all of whom have my lower FICO on file & won't update until May, so I'd sacrifice a hard pull on a new-to-me card issuer if they have a quality 0% card.

Thanks in advance,

Kimberly

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and sweet SL! 👍

Message 13 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 14 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your massive approval!
Message 15 of 27
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I've never seen a prequal for Chase lol. If it's a card you really can use, give it a try. Even if you don't get it, it's only one HP. And it sounds like you don't have a problem with inquiries anyway. 

Good luck! 

EDIT:

Congrats on a killer approval for the FCU! Amazing SL!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 16 of 27
HomeBuyerSpring2021
New Contributor

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the great advice I've received here from people who have successfully navigated the credit world. It's so much easier to shore up your reserves when you're not at the bottom of the barrel. I had great credit before the recession (I'm assuming) because I'd always paid my credit card bills in full, on time, had a car loan & had never even had late library fees (or Blockbuster fees ... yes I'm that old). But I was totally ignorant about credit. But when you lose your income, it becomes difficult to pay your bills. A very harsh lesson learned. And beyond delving into credit sites & articles, the people on this forum take it to the next level with situation-specific advice, so again a big thank you!

Kimberly

Common MyFICO Abbreviations: Common Forum Abbreviations

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i was going to say that with your stats, I don't think you need a pre-qual/pre-approval. Those are generally meant for people who might have a questionable CR, in terms of high HP's combined with excessive new accounts and low scores.

Congrats on your Awesome SL!

Message 18 of 27
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.