Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved for CSP at 9/24!

tag
jedifrogman2
Valued Member

Pre-Approved for CSP at 9/24!

So I'm cruising along here in the garden and I log into Chase to check my account balance. I see a green check mark "selected for you" offer for CSP. Thinking I'm actually at 9/24, I figured it wouldn't work. Plus, it is my mission to get the CSR eventually. It caught my interest though, and I figured that I could always PC to the CSR once all the dust settles from my recent app spree a couple months ago and I'm back under 5/24. 

Capture3.JPG

So I said "what the heck" and clicked on it, if I'm denied I'm no worse off than I was before since I was cruising on the garden path with no plans to apply for anything unless I was pre-approved for Amex Gold or Platinum. Sure enough, it had a single interest rate, so reading that was a good sign, I typed in the income and phone number, click submit...and *presto*:

Capture4.JPG

So I guess it is possible to be hideously over 5/24 and still get a Chase card. My birthday was yesterday so that's kind of a nice unintentional birthday present! So, I suppose I'm done for a while...unless a pre-approval for the Amex Gold comes along Smiley Happy

Starting FICO 10-2012: EX 427, TU 483
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pre-Approved for CSP at 9/24!

Grats and its all the edits in short period of time that caught the eye of the spam filter.

Message 2 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but be prepared for the card to be closed out when you receive it. Chase is cuckoo like that and it makes people crazy!

But if it doesn’t happen to you, congratulations.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got my Freedom after having a green checkmark and being at something like 12/24 or more. Congrats!!
Message 4 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
OP, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but be prepared for the card to be closed out when you receive it. Chase is cuckoo like that and it makes people crazy!

But if it doesn’t happen to you, congratulations.

That's not even close to the facts on how Chase operates.

In December 2018 I was approved for a CSR with a $35K starting limit even though I was 15/24. I then went out and bought a new SUV, using the CSR to make the deposit, so I could complete the spending for the sign up bonus in one transaction.  Then when Navy had their 0% BT promotion earlier this month I opened one of their cards to take advantage of it.  Despite the new CSR, new auto loan, and new credit card Chase has not reacted in anyway adversely. Its unlikely they would cancel a credit that they themselves pre-approved after soft-pulling the OP's credit report.

Message 6 of 19
jedifrogman2
Valued Member

Wow that's awesome! I was getting really worried there for a minute, but this kind of eases my mind a bit. I suppose I'll have a bit of residual apprehension until it comes in the mail, but for the moment, it's good to be in Siggy Land.

Starting FICO 10-2012: EX 427, TU 483
Message 7 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

Green checkmark offer seems to bypass 5/24. 

If you live near a Chase branch, talk to a personal banker to see if you have any pre-approved offers. They are more solid and have more and better offers.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Maizeandblue
Thanks for reeling me in. You know I value your input. I guess I was scared of this happening because just yesterday, it happened to this poor MyFICO member. I guess as everything else, everyone’s mileage vary.
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-sapphire-preferred-approved-then-day...

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@sjt
Back in March, after just closing on my condo, I had the green checkmark for a Chase Freedom. I already had the ChaseFU and Slate. I applied and was denied. FICO scores were 792-805. I called Chase because I couldn't believe it. The only reason I was declined was because I was already at 5/24. Needless to say, I was livid and so happy I didnt have a balance on either card. I told Chase to close them. They actually tried to talk me out of it. The reason I was so mad was because the ONLY reason I applied was because I had the green checkmark. Lesson learned.

So immediately applied and got a $8.5 CLI on my NFCU cashRewards and an AmX for $15K. I haven’t missed Chase. So yes, from my POV, I’m a little weary of them.

Now I was told on here that going into the branch if you’re over 5/24 works wonders.

I am happy for everyone that it does work out for though.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.