Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved for Ulta Credit Card at the Register

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Approved for Ulta Credit Card at the Register

Hello All,

Ulta employees will inform you if you are "pre-approved"at the register!   You will confirm your address, phone number and put in the last 4 of your social security number.  This pretty much describes the process but the Chickie behind the counter was like,  "let's see if it approves you".  Hmm.   I went for it because, I like to take risks sometimes and I really wanted a card for this store.  Now Macy's won't be only cosmetics card!  

After approval, I received a slip with my credit limit ($750.00 )and it only mentions Ulta Credit Card with no mention of Mastercard.  The APR was higher than 23%.  I am still excited because it was a win!  My credit score (mostly utilization) has suffered from buying a house, a new car, furnishing the home and sending the kiddies (both) off to college.  So, I was happy to accept!   I also know that Comenity has rewarded me with credilt increases on my other cards from $250 starting limits ( became 2500 in a year) when I was just building to 8K+ starting limits (after closing).   So, I"m looking forward to growing this card too! Cat Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pre-Approved for Ulta Credit Card at the Register

Nothing wrong with treating yourself to a litlle sumpin sumpinSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
peghede
Valued Contributor

Some times is better not to listen to"Chickie" lol

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL.  EXACTLY!

Message 4 of 12
peghede
Valued Contributor

Call RoboLady (not Chickie) next day after approval for cli, you should get another $300 or maybe more.

Message 5 of 12
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval. I was pre-approved last month as well and accepted (limit $2000 MC). Why I took it, I have no idea, since I don't wear make-up. But, I'm sure my 19-year-old daughter will put it to great use. Maybe I can start trying to be a little cute! Smiley Happy
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting a card you wanted. I know the feeling you speak of being a fellow risk taker lol . Enjoy it !

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great news! Congratulations on your new card.. .
Message 8 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Do you know if this was a hard or soft pull for you?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.