Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved DCU

tag
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Pre-approved DCU

Was bored, had a preapproval for 10k @ 10.5% so I decided wth and went for it. The app asked for gross monthly income and that was it -- approved for 10k @ 10.5%, oh, and no HP Smiley Very Happy

Edit: TU FICO 8: 777, EQ is about 747 (idk if they even did a SP tho)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-approved DCU

@DantGwyrdd wrote:

@Was bored, had a preapproval for 10k @ 10.5% so I decided wth and went for it. The app asked for gross monthly income and that was it -- approved for 10k @ 10.5%, oh, and no HP Smiley Very Happy

If it was in your loan suite and it said preapproved versus "apply". There is no HP. It was most likely based on your monthly AR. DCU uses EQ FICO 5 as you most likely know. What is your DCU  EQ FICO 5?

Message 2 of 7
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Yup, it was preapproved so it had accept instead of apply. The last monthly EQ FICO I got from DCU was 717 (had paid off some debt in the meantime that made my 8 go up a ways).

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats a great sp double doubleSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice work. Congratulations!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DantGwyrdd wrote:

@Was bored, had a preapproval for 10k @ 10.5% so I decided wth and went for it. The app asked for gross monthly income and that was it -- approved for 10k @ 10.5%, oh, and no HP Smiley Very Happy

I had one of those pre-approvals for 10k in my DCU Loan Suite and clicked accept. My Visa CL did'nt change so I emailed and asked why and they told me that I need to call to finalize it. They said it would be no more pulls since it's already approved so I don't know why I need to call.  They also encourage the use of the new limit to do a balance transfer in the response they sent.  I don't like all the calling etc. More than happy to prove/verify anything using email or snail mail. 

Congrats to you on your pre-approval.  Enjoy.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.