Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre approved Quicksilver offer with credit steps

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Pre approved Quicksilver offer with credit steps

My wife got a couple of nice pre approvals from AMEX (Cash Magnet $3000.00)and Citi (Rewards+)  Today she received a pre approval from Cap1(Quicksilver) but it’s with the credit steps program. Is there a way to see the credit limit offer before she accepts. She doesn’t want a low limit card Cap1 card with credit steps knowing how Cap1 behaves. 

What say you. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Pre approved Quicksilver offer with credit steps

See if she prequals for Venture not Venture One.

If so, she should get $5k+ SL.

QuickSilver can start as high as $10k (or maybe more).

I have received several at $10k SL in the past.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

The credit steps thing is giving me pause, but do check her other Cap1 prequals. If just the QS and Plat, maybe hold off  on Capital One

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 7
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

She received another offer without credit steps(I may have read it wrong) and was approved for $2000. Should she recon for higher SL. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

See if she prequals for Venture not Venture One.

If so, she should get $5k+ SL.

QuickSilver can start as high as $10k (or maybe more).

I have received several at $10k SL in the past.

I checked my Cap 1 prequals today and I have the Venture card on my list Smiley Surprised with both Savors and QuickSilver.  I was not looking to do any more apps for a year but if I can ditch that awful$600 bucket card...They all have a specific apr (which seems high to me)  I really need to learn patience but if this is a sign to upgrade, I'd take it. 

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Howaboutthat wrote:

She received another offer without credit steps(I may have read it wrong) and was approved for $2000. Should she recon for higher SL. 

Cap 1 cannot be reconned for anything, humans cannot override their computers... Grats on the new card

Message 6 of 7
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Cap 1 cannot be reconned for anything, humans cannot override their computers... Grats on the new card

That had me cracking up😂😂😂. $2000 it is, thanks. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.