cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Applications approved!

tag
djc0198765

Prime Applications approved!

First off, longtime stalker of these forms, but this is my first post.  

Credit Background:

paid off about $20,000 of credit card debt via debt management over a year ago (combination of work issues and being young and stupid).  Shortly after compleating debt management applied for 3 cards to rebuild my credit (EQ FICO 610):

Cap One Cash rewards: $750

Orchard Back: $300

Discover More: $1,000 (Hard CLI last month to $2,000)

Let those cards cook on my CR for about 8 months and this past weekend decided to try to try to move more into prime land (EQ FICO 680):

Citi Thankyou Perfered: Approved! $6K

Chase Saphire Perfered: Approved! $5K

Amex Platnium (Had it before and loved it since I travel a lot): Approved

BOA Royal Caribian: Pending, but probually denied since BOA hates me

My question now is what should I do with the Capital One and Orchard card, they have AF's, should I just sock drawr them? Or is it better to cancel them?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Prime Applications approved!

@djc0198765 wrote:

First off, longtime stalker of these forms, but this is my first post.  

Credit Background:

paid off about $20,000 of credit card debt via debt management over a year ago (combination of work issues and being young and stupid).  Shortly after compleating debt management applied for 3 cards to rebuild my credit (EQ FICO 610):

Cap One Cash rewards: $750

Orchard Back: $300

Discover More: $1,000 (Hard CLI last month to $2,000)

Let those cards cook on my CR for about 8 months and this past weekend decided to try to try to move more into prime land (EQ FICO 680):

Citi Thankyou Perfered: Approved! $6K

Chase Saphire Perfered: Approved! $5K

Amex Platnium (Had it before and loved it since I travel a lot): Approved

BOA Royal Caribian: Pending, but probually denied since BOA hates me

My question now is what should I do with the Capital One and Orchard card, they have AF's, should I just sock drawr them? Or is it better to cancel them?

Smiley Surprised A big congrats!

I would PIF those other cards and cancel it. It will continue to report for 10 years.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 20
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Amex backdate should be awesome.....Congrat

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 20
djc0198765

Thats what I am thinking, the Cap one and Orchard are $0 balance, the Discover I use as my main card and put thru about $4k a month on it so I PIF a few times each month.  Also I am assuming I should keep the Discover around right?  From my understanding Discover will grow with me and provide some pretty good CLI's 

Message 4 of 20
djc0198765

@nicholasyud wrote:

Amex backdate should be awesome.....Congrat

Was thinking about that! for Amex I was an AU before I got my own card in 04 so my old member since was 1998, is Amex going to report since 98 or since 04 when I got my own account?

Message 5 of 20
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 20
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

One of the better sprees I've seen! Big congrats!

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 7 of 20
djc0198765

Thanks everyone!  Going to close out the Capital One and...

Thanks everyone!  Going to close out the Capital One and Orchard cards, get the Amex backdated and that shread any credit card offers that come in the mail and garden!!!  Long term would anyone recomend adding anything else,?only other thing I have on my credit is a BMWFS lease (besides the stack of closed accounts from the DMP which should fall off in another 4 years).

Message 8 of 20
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice approvals and CL, congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 20
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Congrats!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.