Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propel Card CLI

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Propel Card CLI

Decided today to try again to get my first successful CLI on my Propel card! I've had my card for just under 11 months (Nov 3 will be 11 months). My starting limit was $5500.  I asked for $3000 more and they gave me $1400 using a soft pull!  I laughed when I heard my limit is now $6900, I guess they didn't want to give me that extra $100 to make it an even $7000 to match my Visa Signature limit.  

I first got my card in December 2019. I tried to get a limit increase back in June and again in August for $2500 and was told they couldn't approve it off the soft pull. I declined to have them do a hard inquiry.  

Today I am grateful to get the $1400 increase! My goal for this card is to reach at least $10,000.  I use it monthly for gas and dining out each month spending $300 to $500. I always pay in full by the closing date. My Experian Fico 9 is at 751. I believe that was used in the decision process. 

Once travel is safer I hope to use this in combination with my Visa Signature for travel purchases and to maximize the reward points I earn.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Re: Propel Card CLI

Congratulations on your CLI!

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 2 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@MartyWrite75 wrote:

Thank you!

Message 3 of 33
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats!  It's a really nice card that was my daily until I started using my Citi Premier more.  They were kind to me with my first CLI request too.  

Message 4 of 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 5 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@LakeLife wrote:

Congrats!  It's a really nice card that was my daily until I started using my Citi Premier more.  They were kind to me with my first CLI request too.  

Thank you! That's great to hear how good they were to you! I saw your limit in your signature, that's fantastic!   

Message 6 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Thank you!

Message 7 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Decided today to try again to get my first successful CLI on my Propel card! I've had my card for just under 11 months (Nov 3 will be 11 months). My starting limit was $5500.  I asked for $3000 more and they gave me $1400 using a soft pull!  I laughed when I heard my limit is now $6900, I guess they didn't want to give me that extra $100 to make it an even $7000 to match my Visa Signature limit.  

I first got my card in December 2019. I tried to get a limit increase back in June and again in August for $2500 and was told they couldn't approve it off the soft pull. I declined to have them do a hard inquiry.  

Today I am grateful to get the $1400 increase! My goal for this card is to reach at least $10,000.  I use it monthly for gas and dining out each month spending $300 to $500. I always pay in full by the closing date. My Experian Fico 9 is at 751. I believe that was used in the decision process. 

Once travel is safer I hope to use this in combination with my Visa Signature for travel purchases and to maximize the reward points I earn.

Thats pretty good limit for a Wells card.  I may try on sp but i wont use a hp lol. Ive had enough denials lol. 

Message 8 of 33
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Propel Increase!!!

Message 9 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your propel CLI Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.