Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propel Card CLI

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Propel Card CLI

Congratulations on your Wells Fargo Propel CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Decided today to try again to get my first successful CLI on my Propel card! I've had my card for just under 11 months (Nov 3 will be 11 months). My starting limit was $5500.  I asked for $3000 more and they gave me $1400 using a soft pull!  I laughed when I heard my limit is now $6900, I guess they didn't want to give me that extra $100 to make it an even $7000 to match my Visa Signature limit.  

I first got my card in December 2019. I tried to get a limit increase back in June and again in August for $2500 and was told they couldn't approve it off the soft pull. I declined to have them do a hard inquiry.  

Today I am grateful to get the $1400 increase! My goal for this card is to reach at least $10,000.  I use it monthly for gas and dining out each month spending $300 to $500. I always pay in full by the closing date. My Experian Fico 9 is at 751. I believe that was used in the decision process. 

Once travel is safer I hope to use this in combination with my Visa Signature for travel purchases and to maximize the reward points I earn.

Thats pretty good limit for a Wells card.  I may try on sp but i wont use a hp lol. Ive had enough denials lol. 

Thank you! I say you might as well go for it! Thankfully they try a soft pull first and will warn you if they can't approve you with a soft pull and need to do a hard pull. You can always decline it at that point!  

Message 12 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congratulations on your Propel Increase!!!

Thank you! 

Message 13 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on your propel CLI Smiley Happy

Thank you! 

Message 14 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your Wells Fargo Propel CLI!

Thank you! 

Message 15 of 33
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 16 of 33
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your SP CLI with Wells!  I did the same this month.  Not sure how often you can request again....this was the first time in years I tried it.  Best of luck on more!

Message 17 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@coreyb80 wrote:

Congrats on the CLI!

Thank you!

Message 18 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Congratulations on your SP CLI with Wells!  I did the same this month.  Not sure how often you can request again....this was the first time in years I tried it.  Best of luck on more!

Thank you! Congratulations to you too!  From everything I've read you can request a limit increase every 6 months from Wells Fargo!   I'm not sure if they've changed this internally with the pandemic going on, but every post and website article I've read during my research before asking all said every 6 months. Since it's a soft pull definitely no harm in trying! 

Message 19 of 33
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

Thank you! Congratulations to you too!  From everything I've read you can request a limit increase every 6 months from Wells Fargo!   I'm not sure if they've changed this internally with the pandemic going on, but every post and website article I've read during my research before asking all said every 6 months. Since it's a soft pull definitely no harm in trying! 

Thanks @Jordan23ww for sharing!!  Counting down....

200.gif

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.