Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proud Papa of AMEX Twins!

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Re: Proud Papa of AMEX Twins!

Congrats, I know the feeling, just got approved for the Amex Delta Gold CL$1000, I plan to apply for either the AMEX Green or Gold Charge card in about 6 months

Message 21 of 34
drboxing
Established Contributor

Cincydavid Please keep us posted on how u make out with your day 61 with your Delta Skymiles,

Message 22 of 34
drboxing
Established Contributor

Please keep us posted on how u make out with your day 61 with your Delta Skymiles,

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Cincydavid Please keep us posted on how u make out with your day 61 with your Delta Skymiles"

I surely will. They were quick to credit my points too...I didn't think I had hit the $3000 spend yet, but saw that they had credited me with 66000 points and I realized that I had gone over the threshold in less than 60 days.  Already got my 5000 point referral bonus for a friend who must have signed up.

Message 24 of 34
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks so much, your posts really help. I'm trying to figure out how to spend $1000 in the time frame in order to get those 30,000 miles

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was amazed at how quickly I burned through $3000+ just by using that particular card for just about everything.  I've moved some of my spend to my BCE for the grocery and gas cash-back, but it still piles up quickly.  The $1000 limit was my limitation...making multiple monthly payments gets my wife all out-of-whack because she is SUPER organized and likes to make ONE payment per account per month, on the same day each month. 

We had used our PNC debit card for most of our spend for years, so it's been an adjustment to use credit cards as extensively as we have been recently...I put all of the receipts on the kitchen counter, with a note on the top, example "blue Amex, VW gas" so whe knows which card and what it's for.  the issue is that she used to just get on the PNC website every evening to see where we are, now the information is all over the place...my AMEX, her AMEX, my Cap1, her Cap1, etc. 

All of this arose from the ongoing news reports about CC skimmers at gas stations and other retail outlets and we wanted to insulate our main bank accounts from electronic thievery.

Message 26 of 34
drboxing
Established Contributor

I'm going to attempt to do the $1000 in 90 days to get those miles

Message 27 of 34
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! I have a similar situation as well and I am now the owner of triplets as of 2 weeks ago. Very shocked; I was approved for the Amex PRG, BCE and Delta Skymiles. BCE and Delta @ $1k. I'll take it and use it wisely because I've seen how well Amex grows from being around the forum. I'm off to the garden now to nurture them Smiley Happy

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 28 of 34
drboxing
Established Contributor

How long did you wait before you applied for the AMEX PRG and BCE and the Delta card

Message 29 of 34
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

The Amex PRG and BCE were apped together on 7/31 and Delta was 3 days later. I was on a winning streak so I said why not? Back in February I was denied for the BCE, so I was truely surprised.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.