Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger--BofA CLI!

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Pulled the trigger--BofA CLI!

Don't worry, I'm still gardening!

After verifying with BofA themselves yesterday that a CLI would definitely not be a HP, today I was logged in and just thought, oh why not?! So I filled in the info requested, put $10,000 as my desired CL--my existing line was only $4,500--and pulled the trigger. APPROVED!! For $10,000. Smiley Very Happy

This was one of the cards I got early on in my last rebuilding phase. I had gotten one increase automatically along the way--it started with a $1,500 limit, they increased it to $4,500 without being asked, and then it just sat there and sat there....

Until today! Smiley Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
33 REPLIES 33
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger--BofA CLI!

Congrats on your increase

Message 2 of 34
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Congrats on your increase

Thanks! My goal is to have 5-figure limits on [almost] all of my cards. (Chevron? Nah, I really don't expect a $10,000 limit for gas!)

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Grats on your BOA CLI.

Message 4 of 34
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Don't worry, I'm still gardening!

After verifying with BofA themselves yesterday that a CLI would definitely not be a HP, today I was logged in and just thought, oh why not?! So I filled in the info requested, put $10,000 as my desired CL--my existing line was only $4,500--and pulled the trigger. APPROVED!! For $10,000. Smiley Very Happy

This was one of the cards I got early on in my last rebuilding phase. I had gotten one increase automatically along the way--it started with a $1,500 limit, they increased it to $4,500 without being asked, and then it just sat there and sat there....

Until today! Smiley Happy

Congrats on your CLI!! Do you ever use the card or did it legitimately just sit there between CLI's?

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 5 of 34
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Congrats on your CLI!! Do you ever use the card or did it legitimately just sit there between CLI's?

Cheers!

Thanks! Yes, it does get used, albeit rarely. Most recently I used it for a 0% BT offer and have been paying that off, with no new charges. Prior to that, I'd use it occasionally, but I have other cards whose cash-back rates are so much better that it doesn't make sense NOT to use them instead!

Message 6 of 34
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

When was the card opened, when was the cli to 4.5k and when was your most recent cli for DPs. 

congrats! 

Message 7 of 34
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 8 of 34
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 34
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.