Re: Pulled the trigger--BofA CLI!

Congrats on your CLI!

|  
Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

Any recommendations on how long to wait before requesting a CLI? I just opened my BOA AGR card about two weeks ago. I've put all my bills for this month on there (will be paying off in the next day or two.) Originally noticed about a week ago no CLI link had appeared. Logged in last night and see the link is there. Don't wanna be premature in clicking the link so was curious how long one should typically wait after initially opening?

@YoungMoney06 A minimum of ninety-one days after the approval of your account, or ninety-one days after the last credit limit increase.  You will be rejected if you make a CLI request before that period has elapsed.

I've posted this info before, but I was able to grow my BofA Cash Rewards card from $2,000 to $85,000 in less than two years by pursuing CLIs roughly every three months:

8/23/17 - $2,000 SL - Visa Platinum approved

11/25/17 - $5,900

3/26/18 - $13,000

3/29/18 - Requested conversion to Visa Signature

7/3/18 - $23,100

10/6/18 - $37,000

1/5/19 - $50,000

4/29/19 - $70,000

7/29/19 - $85,000

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoCalGardener Congratulations on your CLI; a very useful card to have.

Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

Congrats on the healthy CLI! Smiley Wink

So, question:  I haven't had an increase on my card at all since my SL....and it's next on my CLI target list. You're saying that on the online CLI form, you enter the requested amount you want?  Do they typically counter-offer if your request isn't to their liking? Or does it straight out deny?

From my experience, online request is a SP and they'll counter offer. Shoot for the moon.

I just went from $25k to $40k on an instant approval. I shoulda asked for more

Most lenders will not approve more than three times the current limit on an account, so the advice to "shoot for the moon" is a bit misguided.  While it is true that BofA might counteroffer a lesser amount than originally requested, you're also opening yourself up to scrutiny, income verification, document requests, or even adverse action if BofA determines the CLI request is not supported by your credit profile, income, etc.

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.