Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing CL the limits with CitiBank

tag
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Pushing CL the limits with CitiBank

So about 3 weeks ago I was approved for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive card and was instantly approved for 21K.  Well today I thought,,,, what they heck, let me see if they will give me an increase.  so I apped for a CLI of 28k, here are the two messages I got;

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 1.41.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 2.17.17 PM.png

So according to the approval email 23K is the highest limit their credit policy will allow, which is kinda weird because some guy who commented on my original approval post said he was instant approved for 31K.  Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing lost.... I am happy to know that I have maxed out the amount their policy allows. Smiley Happy

19 REPLIES 19
stephenskd
New Contributor

Re: Pushing CL the limits with CitiBank

Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@avp99 wrote:

So about 3 weeks ago I was approved for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive card and was instantly approved for 21K.  Well today I thought,,,, what they heck, let me see if they will give me an increase.  so I apped for a CLI of 28k, here are the two messages I got;

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 1.41.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 2.17.17 PM.png

So according to the approval email 23K is the highest limit their credit policy will allow, which is kinda weird because some guy who commented on my original approval post said he was instant approved for 31K.  Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing lost.... I am happy to know that I have maxed out the amount their policy allows. Smiley Happy

Congrats, OP! Citi can be a tough nut to crack. I would try getting an additional CLI in a couple months. I would also consider the fact that you have a Citi-backed Best Buy account, so it might be factored in your overall exposure with them. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 20
avp99
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous
Congrats, OP! Citi can be a tough nut to crack. I would try getting an additional CLI in a couple months. I would also consider the fact you that you have a Citi-backed Best Buy account, so it might be factored in your overall exposure with them. Smiley Wink

Good point on the Citi/BestBuy card.  Did not think of that.

Message 4 of 20
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new approval and SL. It's a great starting SL and never know, it may grow from there.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there!

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on nice CLI !!!!!

you sir  have very nice Limit !!!!

Message 7 of 20
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Any chance they reference an internal policy that could be specific to certain Income ranges, score ranges, etc.?  I have no doubts there are policies but I'd be willing to bet the policy is not a one-and-done, rather per case scenario.  Doubt we will know that either way!

Message 8 of 20
avp99
Frequent Contributor

@Cred4All wrote:

Any chance they reference an internal policy that could be specific to certain Income ranges, score ranges, etc.?  I have no doubts there are policies but I'd be willing to bet the policy is not a one-and-done, rather per case scenario.  Doubt we will know that either way!

I was thinking the same... I might wait a few more months and try for another CLI and see if it budges.  If it does, then it may be specific to my credit profile.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and CLI!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.