tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

QS VS 7-10 day msg = 5k approval!

Last Wednesday I went on an app spree in the following order

Amex BCE: instant 10k SL
Marvel: 2k SL, CLI to 6k
Cap 1 QS VS: 7-10 day msg

The letter arrived today. Approved for 5k. So no denials whatsoever last week. 21k haul. Is there anything I can do in the short term with this acct, like PC or CLI?

3B profile optimization in progress...
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS VS 7-10 day msg = 5k approval!

I'm here to get my steak Smiley LOL Congratulations!! They didn't ask you for verification or anything?

Message 2 of 17
_NERD
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm here to get my steak Smiley LOL Congratulations!! They didn't ask you for verification or anything?

No. Just sent a letter. I had to verify with Marvel, and DW did too. Didn't have to with AMEX. Pretty smooth sailing for me. Something just struck me. I won't be able to combine my 3500 QS1 into this QS VS.  Dammit.  That was the point of applying. 

Can I app for the Venture or Venture One on the same HP right now?  Last year I thought I read here that I can do two apps on a HP within 30 days.  Yesterday I read a post where someone said you can do that on the same day online. Can we get some clarification on that?  I BT my QS1 balance to my AMEX the other night to buy a few weeks to PIF that balance, but my QS1 balance hasn't zerod out yet and neither has my furniture acct.v  I would've just PIF the QS1 if I had known BT payoffs could take more than a few days.

Tomorrow is picture day for QS1 and the furniture account.  I don't want balances reporting. WAHHHHH, I worked so hard for this moment. Now I might have to wait another month for everything to settle on my CRAs.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:

No. Just sent a letter. I had to verify with Marvel, and DW did too. Didn't have to with AMEX. Pretty smooth sailing for me. Something just struck me. I won't be able to combine my 3500 QS1 into this QS VS.  Dammit.  That was the point of applying. 

Can I app for the Venture or Venture One on the same HP right now?  Last year I thought I read here that I can do two apps on a HP within 30 days.  Yesterday I read a post where someone said you can do that on the same day online. Can we get some clarification on that?  I BT my QS1 balance to my AMEX the other night to buy a few weeks to PIF that balance, but my QS1 balance hasn't zerod out yet and neither has my furniture acct.v  I would've just PIF the QS1 if I had known BT payoffs could take more than a few days.

Tomorrow is picture day for QS1 and the furniture account.  I don't want balances reporting. WAHHHHH, I worked so hard for this moment. Now I might have to wait another month for everything to settle on my CRAs.

Why won't you be able to combine the QS1 into the QS? I've been hearing quite a few people lately saying that they have been able to combine a card that was at least 6 months old into their new cards (that weren't 6 months old). Also, it's way too late to app for a Venture and combine the HP. Plus there have been a few people lately who have been instantly denied on the 2nd app attempt for already having another app pending, so not sure if that 2 apps for 1 HP works anymore.

And yes, BT take awhile. Most get them done in 4-8 days, but other lenders take much longer. Not sure how long Amex takes with BT.

Message 4 of 17
_NERD
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why won't you be able to combine the QS1 into the QS? I've been hearing quite a few people lately saying that they have been able to combine a card that was at least 6 months old into their new cards (that weren't 6 months old). Also, it's way too late to app for a Venture and combine the HP. Plus there have been a few people lately who have been instantly denied on the 2nd app attempt for already having another app pending, so not sure if that 2 apps for 1 HP works anymore.

And yes, BT take awhile. Most get them done in 4-8 days, but other lenders take much longer. Not sure how long Amex takes with BT.

QS1 is Mastercard. QS VS is Visa. 

Okay I guess I'm still in the Garden. I'm at 52k in revolving limit.  I don't want a Disco IT 1-2k SL card. I'll wait until May 20, 2017 before I app for anything else. But I may need to rescore for the lower mtg interest rate in a few months. 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:

QS1 is Mastercard. QS VS is Visa. 

Okay I guess I'm still in the Garden. I'm at 52k in revolving limit.  I don't want a Disco IT 1-2k SL card. I'll wait until May 20, 2017 before I app for anything else. But I may need to rescore for the lower mtg interest rate in a few months. 

I don't think that matters at all. I'm pretty sure people have been able to combine those 2.

Message 6 of 17
_NERD
Established Contributor

Holy cow that's awesome. What's the minimum time frame before I can combine one into the other?

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:
Holy cow that's awesome. What's the minimum time frame before I can combine one into the other?

From what I've been hearing, only one card needs to be 6 months old and the other one doesn't matter, but it only allows the old card to go into the new one (which is what you want to do anyway). So as soon as your QS1 has a zero balance, check the account combination link and see if your cards qualify.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:

People have been stating you need 6 months on the account that will remain I think.  Others have said you need 6 months on both.  Seems it is pretty ymmv. 

Message 9 of 17
_NERD
Established Contributor

In that case my QS1 is almost a year old, but I got a CLI yesterday if that matters. I wouldn't mind a 8500 QS1 mutant. Then I could apply for another QS next year. The interest free period has passed but I don't intend to carry balances.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.