Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS1 approval

tag
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

QS1 approval

I noticed my FICO scores jumped 20+ points over the past few weeks and I'm borderline good credit (TU 681, Equifax 684, Experian 681). I've had Cap One Platinum for 5 months now and due to my first statement late payment (Cap One reported on time payment on credit reports put it was 2 days past their due date) I'm still stuck on their credit steps and no CLI for 2 months per Cap One CSR.

My score jumped because I app and approved Disco IT SL $1600 a few weeks ago. Got airline tix on them and knew my reporting balance would show 42% utilization. Before my statement dates hit, I decided to roll the dice again and app one more time. No love from AmEx or Chase pre-qual. Seeing that I'm going to be edging 5/24 with Chase (and I'm not drooling over Chase cards), I checked Cap One. QS1 popped upon their pre-qual. Applied and approved. SL small, but it does help out with lowering utilization, upping overall limits with the bureaus. 

Time to garden and put some cards into the safe. Planning on paying off what I owe, carrying one with the purpose of PIF monthly, and see what kind of luv I can get from Cap One and Discover in a few months. Any current and future recommendations with regards to having multiple cards from a single issuer? Or other recommendations in general?

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS1 approval

Mind telling me yoyr starting limit? We have similar scores and I also have the platinum card. I'm curious
Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!
Message 3 of 12
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Hi Roy,

SL is $500 on both cards. 

Credit steps is suppose to issue CLI to $750 on the Platinum once steps is completed. I have not had any luv when pressing the increase button on the app.

I called in and spoke to CSR tonight. She told me I wouldn't be off the steps until January and then retracted to November. In May, my DH made 2 payments. Then his bank account was hacked and he switched accounts. The payments he made was returned, but I still make more that the minimum payment and it was one time. I also had another CSR tell me I was going to be off steps in September - no issues. Then another CSR said October because Of the first payment issue mentioned in the first post.

Confused? I am! I have had 3 different CRS tell me 3 different things.

At this time, they said no credit steps (Cap One website says QS1 does have credit steps) on the new approved QS1. Could not expedite the card. Said it's taking them 2 weeks to process the application and another 7-10 days to receive the card once it's shipped. 

FWIW, this has been my experience. Perhaps it will help someone with data points. As always, YMMV and I'm back to gardening and waiting to see whom wants to show me some luv. 

Message 4 of 12
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Thanks Joe! 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 6 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

I got my QS1 3yrs ago with a $500 SL.

It increased to $750 with credit steps and then in April I got a $100 CLI bringing the 3yo card to $850.

They refuse to upgrade me to the non AF version of the card.

I'm sure you will have much more success Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Hi 80s,

Have to wait and see how much success I'll have with them. You would think Cap One would love you more if you carried 2 of their cards. Either I'm missing out on some good research or Cap One is just that hot and cold. I"m not holding my breath and just using them to get into good habits. From what I have read here, Disco luvs their clients more. Keeping my fingers crossed that relationship pays off and someday I can get into the AmEx family.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

After no credit card at all, I was approved online today for a $3000 CL . Wow. Looking forward to rebuilding my credit! *thumbs*

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.