Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about USAA CLI - Update: CLIs Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about USAA CLI - Update: CLIs Approved

Hey folks! For those of you that have more than one USAA card, do you know if you can request CLIs on both cards at the same time? I just applied for and received an increase on one card from $7000 to $14000 and want to see if I can do the other card. But I don’t want to waste another hard pull if they only do one at a time. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your CLI approvals; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Question about USAA CLI

If you're passed the 181 days anniversary. You can make your request on it . If you're at $50k exposure, don't bother. $50k is the max across all of the CCs combined.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay great thanks. I definitely don’t have 50K with them yet so I think I should be good. Is it a separate hard pull for each request though?
Message 3 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It's a hit or miss. I've seen some report it was another HP and others say it was only one. I think UnkaB got two HPs once. That's been quite a while back though. Well over a year, probably almost two years ago.
USAA HPs have always been worth it for me.
Message 4 of 13
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey folks! For those of you that have more than one USAA card, do you know if you can request CLIs on both cards at the same time? I just applied for and received an increase on one card from $7000 to $14000 and want to see if I can do the other card. But I don’t want to waste another hard pull if they only do one at a time. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Just did a CLI for both the USAA Amex and 101st visa this month. They did 1 hard pull for both. Tripled the first and doubled the latter. Like others have stated , there is a combined limit of 50k.  Now if only they bring back the Limitless card with 2.5% Cashback on all purchases. 

Business Cards
Message 5 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:
It's a hit or miss. I've seen some report it was another HP and others say it was only one. I think UnkaB got two HPs once. That's been quite a while back though. Well over a year, probably almost two years ago.
USAA HPs have always been worth it for me.

+1

In my case it was a new card and a CLI, and there were two HPs which wasn't too surprising.

For one of the CLIs I requested with them there was a seven-digit number after the bank's name, so the HP showed up similar to this, "USAA FSB CC #1234567".  If a second HP was done with a different reference number (or whatever it is) it might show up twice, since the HPs would usually need to be identical for the bureau to merge them.  That said, just as @Gmood1 mentioned my experience with this was from a while ago so take my words here with a grain of salt.

TL;DR - there's a chance it might be a single HP, but expect two.  The good thing is they often make it worth it.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 13
quarius
Regular Contributor

Why even bother with this bank and cards? They don't offer much for cards other than the option to balance transfer cash right into the USAA bank account you have with them free of charge. I closed both cards I had with them because I never got anything good from this bank. GL if you still use them so many other better banks to use HP's and apps for.

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 7 of 13
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@quarius wrote:

Why even bother with this bank and cards? They don't offer much for cards other than the option to balance transfer cash right into the USAA bank account you have with them free of charge. I closed both cards I had with them because I never got anything good from this bank. GL if you still use them so many other better banks to use HP's and apps for.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.pirategold.gif

If USAA doesn't work for you,,,, you are free to move on, however, there are a LOT of us here for which USAA works quite well.

I happen to love USAA!!!

To each their own..  

Happy New Year Everyone..   HNY1.gif

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your input everyone! I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the second card and got hit with another HP LOL. BUT they did make it worth it. One card went from $5000 to $15,000 and the other went from $7000 to $14,000. I’ll take it and run!
Message 9 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Looks like USAA is spoiling you. 😂😂
Congrats SG!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.