Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QuickSilver Big CLI (FINALLY)

tag
counticecream
Valued Member

QuickSilver Big CLI (FINALLY)

6 months ago I asked for an increase in my credit line and got it bumped from $500 to $750. Since then, I've paid my CC off in full pretty multiple times a month and completely closed my secured card I had with them.  Today I thought to myself, "I think it's been 6 months, right?" Go and ask Cap One for a $5,000 expecting another denial, but they upgraded it to $3,750! This is my highest unsecured limit EVER? I guess patience does pay off with Cap One.

Data points:

Salary: $110,000

CC scores: TU: 604 EXP: 634 EX: 689

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QuickSilver Big CLI (FINALLY)

@counticecream wrote:

6 months ago I asked for an increase in my credit line and got it bumped from $500 to $750. Since then, I've paid my CC off in full pretty multiple times a month and completely closed my secured card I had with them.  Today I thought to myself, "I think it's been 6 months, right?" Go and ask Cap One foor a $5,000 expecting another denial, but they upgraded it to $3,750! This is my highest unsecured limit EVER? I guess patience does pay off with Cap One.

Data points:

Salary: $110,000

CC scores: TU: 604 EXP: 634 EX: 689

Cograts on the CLI!!!

Message 2 of 14
counticecream
Valued Member

Thanks so much! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Bam!Bam!

Congratulations! Could you share some more info? I am curious as to when your Disco and Amex were obtained in relation to your QS and nice CLI. Thanks.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 14
counticecream
Valued Member

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Bam!Bam!

Congratulations! Could you share some more info? I am curious as to when your Disco and Amex were obtained in relation to your QS and nice CLI. Thanks.

Sure! Disco Secured ($500 CLI) was opened in November '18. Amex ($500 CLI) December '18. QS was opened, err, I think 4 years ago? It was my second Cap One card - had a Platinum secured with a $1k limit but closed that February '19. 

Message 5 of 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@counticecream wrote:

Sure! Disco Secured ($500 CLI) was opened in November '18. Amex ($500 CLI) December '18. QS was opened, err, I think 4 years ago? It was my second Cap One card - had a Platinum secured with a $1k limit but closed that February '19. 

Thanks!  Sometimes good things happen to good people! Congratulations, again.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Whoooo nice increase. Perhaps no bucket for you. Congrats on growing the ungrowable lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 14
counticecream
Valued Member

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Whoooo nice increase. Perhaps no bucket for you. Congrats on growing the ungrowable lol

Yeah - it goes against all known Cap One logic. Not sure how lol 

Message 8 of 14
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI! Cap1 can be a fickle beast sometimes but looks like you're starting to tame her!! 

Message 9 of 14
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Dang. Slayed the beast. Excellent job 👊🏽

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.