Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Approved! & CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver Approved! & CLI

My last little net came back with a fish! I was waiting the 30 days for approval for a Capital One Quicksilver and I'm happy to say I actually got approved after filling out the preapprovals on the website, I had to send in income verification, and even though I had two past COs with them, i paid them and they gave me a second chance! Woohoo! I got a 300 SL, and talked to the rep who advised me to wait around 3 months before asking for a CLI.

In other news, my new Credit One card (completely different company from Capital One) just got an auto CLI from $400 to $600. So that's good to report.

Somehow still sitting around 4-6 IQs after this loong drawn out spree.

So waiting to let all this age and grow and increase for a while :-) happy camper now.

And my score has bounced back up :-) 670 at my highest yet.... I just cant wait to see a 700 I'll seriously freak. :-)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Quicksilver Approved! & CLI

Congratulations on Quicksilver approval! From when you paid off your COs to seeing your preapproval, how long did it take for you to essentially "get back in" with Cap1?

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI

Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

In some cases you can get back in with Cap1 even with unpaid CO or settled CO. They have a very short memory and are rebuild friendly. OP, congrats on the new card and CLI!

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 5 of 13
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!  

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there, friend!

I'm happy you got the card!  I currently have a Quicksilver One and Savor card post BK7 (got them during 7th year, this is my 8th.)

Anyways, I'm looking to do something about that QuickSilver One soon, and I hope to get a Quicksilver instead.  

Keep up the good work!  Capital One is one of the best in the industry! 👍

Message 7 of 13
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Close CreditOne now... It wont kill your utilization but my gosh will it help you long term...

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: I realized you were talking to the OP.  

I would have to agree with him because Credit One one be terrible.  It's time to let them go as soon as possible.  😇

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found out the card isn't Quicksilver, but the quicksilver one. I didn't realize there was a difference. I am in the credit steps program I think. So I am going to try to apply for the CLI as soon as possible. The 3 months like the guy told me. Does anyone know how high these QS1s can go?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.