Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver CLI!

tag
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Quicksilver CLI!

I came up on my 6th month mark after my credit steps increase to $500 on my Quicksilver.  I put $1400 through my Quicksilver with a limit of $500 every month and made multiple payments to keep my utilization down.  Did everything right.  I hit the love button today and got offered a whopping $100!  It feels like a slap in the face.  To the sock drawer it goes for ever, or until I close this junk!  What am I going to do with a $600 limit.  

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Quicksilver CLI!

Something is better than nothing!  Congrats!  I think a lot of people feel your Cap1 pain...  

Message 2 of 20
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

I've been there. It's so deflating. I'm sorry.

It's not you, it's them. CapOne has their CLI stinginess dial turned up to eleven right now.

It stings, but that feeling will fade. Hang in there. 

Message 3 of 20
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Would a $600 limit card effect my future card limits negatively?  Would it benefit me more to close it so I don't have a low limit card still in my profile once I get a couple more cards?  Or should I just keep it and sock drawer it forever for the history?

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 4 of 20
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

Message 5 of 20
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI.

Cap1 is not giving CLIs like they used to, so this is not surprising. They use to give out CLI like candy but you may have to wait another year or so till economy goes back to normal. Its not you!

Message 6 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well this seems to be the standard CLI these days out of Cap-1, grats on it and I understand why its getting the SD!!

Message 7 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 8 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI ...

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver CLI! Capitol One is full of it

I feel your frustration.  September 2020, I have had a quick silver card with Capitol One over five years.  It is not my go to card however, with a cc of 740 and no late and paying all cards on time I requested an modest increase from $8500.  I noticed that when I requested online it did not come back with a quick approval.  It said that I would receive a letter in the mail.  I later received a notification via my online cc account with Capitol One.  The letter post:

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capitol One account.  Unfortunately, your account isn’t eligible right now, we know this isn’t the answer you were hoping for and we want to help you understand why:

•   Your average monthly payment has been too low

Incredible.  I have been paying the minimum and additional $40 each month.  This is a slap in the face.  I called and complained, and they could not explain.  I told Capitol One that I will be paying the card off and then I will shelve the card.  Capitol One is full of it,

Stew

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.