Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver MasterCard CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Quicksilver MasterCard CLI

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Very well done UncleB!. For low usage id call that a very nice increase. Im sure it will help someone with their CapOnes as we know there are plenty of card holders here. NOW call and get that extra 100. Lol Smiley Happy. Great job again and enjoySmiley Happy

Thanks so much my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

I agree... for low usage I feel they were quite generous this time around.  Unfortunately with Capital One short of going the EO route there's no way to call/recon a CLI - what you get is what you get. 

I will be able to check again in six months, though, and I'm going to make a point to shift a couple hundred dollars of usage to the card in the Spring to hopefully satisfy Capital One's computer that I'm "worthy" of at least another $100.  Capital One always sends a document to your online message center when you get a CLI (or are denied a CLI) so I'll have an easy way to remember the date.  Smiley Wink

No worries on the wait, though... as this card is already over nine years old I've become quite patient with it (LOL) and in any case it will give me something to do when April comes around, assuming nothing new and interesting has come along to app for.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again for your kind words!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Indeed. They can be a real riot sometimes.

For example one month deny reason for a SP CLI was not enough usage, then the next time a different reason etc.

It's like they have multiple flavors for every type of account and when you finally make it inside that proverbial sweet spot Presto! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats UncleB!  The Orchard card and $20 CLI brings back memories for me... they were one of the first cards I got post-BK in 2006 but I later closed the account when I couldn't get any more CLIs. Glad to see that card has grown for you with Cap1.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations !!
Message 14 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Indeed. They can be a real riot sometimes.

For example one month deny reason for a SP CLI was not enough usage, then the next time a different reason etc.

It's like they have multiple flavors for every type of account and when you finally make it inside that proverbial sweet spot Presto! Smiley Very Happy

+1

I agree completely!  People's experience with them seems to either be fantastic or lousy, with very little in-between; I'm fortunate in that for some reason they've always worked out well for me. 

I will add that back when I still had some 'issues' on my reports my growth with them was rather slow, but once my last two baddies were six years old they started to loosen up.  Now that I'm baddie-free they have been fairly generous, even more so with my QS Visa Signature... this is part of the reason I'm tempted to throw the dice one more time for a Venture in a few months.

I suspect if I actually made an effort to use their cards more they would probably be more generous than $1k.  Because some of my other cards (BCP, Sam's Club MC, Discover) pay out higher rewards rates than 1.5% I don't use my QS cards as much as I once did (I tend to have little general spend). 

I'm actually happy with my $1k increase though... I'm in for the long haul with this card and I know it will probably grow more as time goes on, even if slowly.

Message 15 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats UncleB!  The Orchard card and $20 CLI brings back memories for me... they were one of the first cards I got post-BK in 2006 but I later closed the account when I couldn't get any more CLIs. Glad to see that card has grown for you with Cap1.

+1

I know exactly what you mean!  Smiley Very Happy

I got this card right after what I call my financial 'meltdown' (I lost my job, house, and car) and things were pretty bleak.  Basically at that time there was no thought of 'rebuilding', I just wanted a way to pay for things without using my debit card, and this path suited that. 

The same time I was approved for the Orchard card I was also approved for the "Direct Rewards" Discover card, also through HSBC (and also with a high AF).  The Direct Rewards card never got a CLI... I actually closed it back in 2013 and it still had the same $300 credit line it started with.  Occasionally I'll wish I had kept it around since it would have migrated to a Capital One Platinum MasterCard (and eventually would have grown), but at that time I had no way of knowing this and the $59 AF was high for such a small limit, even for someone with a beat-up credit profile.

As for the Orchard card, I can't really complain... even though it clearly had it's flaws, for someone with the credit profile I had at that time it was a blessing, and I don't doubt that it helped to open doors (that opened other doors) that helped me get to where I am today.  Today, looking back at that first $20 CLI is laughable (it it weren't so sad) but I believe that it was worth itSmiley Happy

Hopefully the details of my 'journey' will help others who may be on the same path.  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations !!

Thanks, JJE!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.