Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver1

Question. I've had my Quicksilver one card for two months now I should be getting my second statement in the mail any day now. Do I really have to wait for my 5th statement or is there a chance of me getting a credit limit increase before then? I have a $300 starting limit so interested in getting more because $300 is not much at all
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver1

I had to wait until my 5th statement cut and then 6 months after the CLI I auto recieved another one on my QS.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with a $300 SL. A couple days after statement #2 cut, I hit the luv button and they gave me $100, which is typical. If they do that, your steps increase goes up a bit too. My 6th statement cuts tomorrow, so my steps increaseshould take me to $750. Still low, but way better than $300.

DH started with $1,000 and he got denied for every CLI request, so his steps increase will take him to $1500.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats the luv button? I dont see that on the site.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Whats the luv button? I dont see that on the site.

Request credit limit increase

Message 5 of 9
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

I would honestly wait for nature to take it's course....atleast until the credit steps are over with. I went from $300 to $2300 once the credit steps were over. That was with consistent use of the card and even sometimes letting a very small balance report each statement. Everyone's situation will be different, but that's what worked for me. 

@Anonymous wrote:
Question. I've had my Quicksilver one card for two months now I should be getting my second statement in the mail any day now. Do I really have to wait for my 5th statement or is there a chance of me getting a credit limit increase before then? I have a $300 starting limit so interested in getting more because $300 is not much at all

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the quicksilver card too, I requested a CLI after my 3rd month, and it was the regular $100 just like 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would request and accept the CLI after 3rd statement. That way your credit steps will go to $750 after 5 payments instead of tthe $500 they promised. At least that is how it happened with me.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Hit luv button at 4 months and got $100. Six month auto increased to $750. At nine months now and can't get another increase yet, just tried today. Guess I have to wait for the 1 year mark. That said, appd back in July for another QS1 thinking it would be a higher SL with the use of the cirst one being pristine. Wrong, wasted a HP for a second $300 that I have to nurture. It's a pain in the butt. Don't want to combine them yet because the new one is lnly gwo months!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.