Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Willey Store Card - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RC Willey Store Card - Update: Approved

We close on a house this week. After the keys are in our hand and the loan is funded we are thinking of going to RC Willey for furniture and appliances. I heard they have up to 18mos interest free.
Has anyone had any experience with them? Data points?
Thanks!

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: RC Willey Store Card

In the fine print, is this deferred interest? If so, you have to pay every last penny off prior to that expiration date.

If you leave anything owing all the deferred interest comes due again.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is deferred-interest. The plan is to get the 18 months interest-free but pay it off in less than 12 months to save some cash reserves. I have Care Credit so I am quite familiar with the deferred-interest game.
Does anybody have a RC Willey card and any data points they can share? Customer service told me they usually pull Equifax but sometimes Experian.
Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
It is deferred-interest. The plan is to get the 18 months interest-free but pay it off in less than 12 months to save some cash reserves. I have Care Credit so I am quite familiar with the deferred-interest game.
Does anybody have a RC Willey card and any data points they can share? Customer service told me they usually pull Equifax but sometimes Experian.

Had an RCW account, opened it in 02 after a home purchase, pulled EX, had BK7 on file from 96, multi IIBs, rest of file at time was clean with heavy utilization reporting.

Message 4 of 12
crnbread73
New Contributor

Not sure about RC Willey's but I went to Ashley.  Not sure if they are available in your area but depending on what you spend they were having up to 5 years deferred interest.  The furniture quality seems to be about the same.  Just a suggestion.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is an Ashley Furniture here. It's back by synchrony. I'll look into it. Thanks.
Message 6 of 12
crnbread73
New Contributor

Also doesn't hurt if you are buying a lot (I furnished a full house) I asked the best deal they could do.  They offered me 50% off my the full price and 1 year deferred interest and that is what I did.  I ended up getting $16000 in furniture for $8000 and 1 year deferred which works as I will have it paid in a few months.  Doesn't hurt to ask.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled Experian. My score was 691. Approved for $4000. I got the furniture I wanted.
I went to Lowe's (store card) to get a refrigerator and they pulled Experian also. I was expecting TU. Poor Experian took a hit tonight.
Message 8 of 12
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They pulled Experian. My score was 691. Approved for $4000. I got the furniture I wanted.
I went to Lowe's (store card) to get a refrigerator and they pulled Experian also. I was expecting TU. Poor Experian took a hit tonight.

Congrats on the approval. Also, it seems many creditors really are taking a huge liking to Experian lately.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyones pulling Experian!

We just closed on a house so I applied for credit to purchase appliances, etc... I applied for certain credit cards based on who they usually pull hoping to spread out the hard pulls over the three bureaus. That did not happen. They all pulled Experian.
Lowes store card (I thought they'd pull tu)
RC Willey
Discover It Chrome (ex & eq)
DCU (auto loan ex & eq)
Time to leave Experian alone.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.