Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rakuten MR Visa

Congrats on your new Rakuten Visa Card!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caught750  Super Congrats on your Rakuten MR Visa approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 21
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!! Thats a great addition for you!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 13 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the Rakuten card Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 21
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I've been working with MR and UR and figured that with the massive increase in MR return this was well worth it.  

I'm still using UR anywhere I get 3x or better but now anything in Rakuten is worth that as well so I'll be looking there for everything first!  This is an absolute game changer!

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 15 of 21
Caught750
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congratulations on your new American Express Membership Rewards Visa Signature Card!!!!   🥳 

Whole reason I got it!  Off the top of my head I know it will add around a thousand MR points a month minimum! 

Thanks for your post, I hadn't really realized it's worth until you pointed it out.  Like you said, who'd have figured that a SYNC Visa would work so well for MR earning?!

It is in fact a perfect match to my EDP/BBP and CSR!

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 16 of 21
Caught750
Valued Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Congratulations!! Thats a great addition for you!!

Thanks Bowie, it definitely compliments my current cards well!

BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 17 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Caught750 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congratulations on your new American Express Membership Rewards Visa Signature Card!!!!   🥳 

Whole reason I got it!  Off the top of my head I know it will add around a thousand MR points a month minimum! 

Thanks for your post, I hadn't really realized it's worth until you pointed it out.  Like you said, who'd have figured that a SYNC Visa would work so well for MR earning?!

Yeah I am kind of kicking myself for not getting it when the MR option rolled out last year.  I actually had a near moment of panic when I was looking at my earnings and thought, "did I just miss out on 250k+ extra MRs over the past year for not having this?!?"  Fortunately, my Appaholics Anonymous sponsor suggested I break down my Rakuten/eBates earnings based on  what I would have actually charged to this card and it wasn't so bad since there were a lot of Amex Offers, Chase Offers, grocery purchases, hotel bookings, etc. that I would not used this card for.  But still definitely going to be hundreds of extra dollars in MRs every year.

Glad you got it; as I am sure you are aware, this one seems to be difficult to obtain at times even for those with great scores.

Message 18 of 21
Caught750
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yeah I am kind of kicking myself for not getting it when the MR option rolled out last year.  I actually had a near moment of panic when I was looking at my earnings and thought, "did I just miss out on 250k+ extra MRs over the past year for not having this?!?"  Fortunately, my Appaholics Anonymous sponsor suggested I break down my Rakuten/eBates earnings based on  what I would have actually charged to this card and it wasn't so bad since there were a lot of Amex Offers, Chase Offers, grocery purchases, hotel bookings, etc. that I would not used this card for.  But still definitely going to be hundreds of extra dollars in MRs every year.

Glad you got it; as I am sure you are aware, this one seems to be difficult to obtain at times even for those with great scores.

Honestly, I wasn't aware of that when I apped 🤣.  I just kinda said "ahhh well it'll definitely benefit me" and hit submit.  I didn't do much research for DPs.  Very glad to have gotten it though!

I haven't missed out on too much yet in reality but theoretically I'm beyond foolish for not apping earlier.  Definitely not hurting but glad to have it for the extra earn. 

BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 19 of 21
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.