cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Discover IT for Students — Session ended while gathering documents?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, y'all, good news.

I called this morning on the number they gave to 'call right away', and apparently, they were able to get the documents I had uploaded thus far, because they were enough for my application to be pushed through. Got a very pleasant lady over the phone.

And, accepted: $2,500, 0% for 6 months in purchases (10.99% balance transfer offer), then 14.99%. I think that's pretty awesome for a student card, to be honest!

I just double-checked on the application when I got home tonight, and it checks out. Excited, excited!

Datapoints:

Oldest account: ~6 year student loan.
Number of accounts: 10-12, depending on report.
Known score: 751 EX-08
Cards:
• Chase Freedom Unlimited ($0/$3000)
• Chase Slate ($995/$2000 - paying off in the next few months)

So I guess once you upload anything on your application, even if the application itself doesn't save, the files are on the system? That's funny, but I'll take it.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I called this morning on the number they gave to 'call right away', and apparently, they were able to get the documents I had uploaded thus far, because they were enough for my application to be pushed through. Got a very pleasant lady over the phone.

And, accepted: $2,500, 0% for 6 months in purchases (10.99% balance transfer offer), then 14.99%. I think that's pretty awesome for a student card, to be honest!

I just double-checked on the application when I got home tonight, and it checks out. Excited, excited!

Datapoints:

Cards:

So I guess once you upload anything on your application, even if the application itself doesn't save, the files are on the system? That's funny, but I'll take it.

Congrats!!

Can you explain the blue above? you got $0 interest for 6 months, that's great! 

What is the 10.99% balance transfer offer? usually a balance transfer fee is 3%

Am i missing something?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Yeah, I was pretty happy, it'll serve me well. The normal APR is a nice ego-booster, too, given that my other two are in the 20s.

Sorry for not being clear—the 0% promo only applies for purchases. The promo they gave me for balance transfers was 10.99% for 6 months, with a 3% fee.
Message 3 of 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Datapoints:

Cards:

Congrats!  Happy to hear it worked out for you.  Enjoy your new card when it arrives!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.