Super Contributor

Re: Really Walmart?????? Oh Well at Least I got a foot in the door

Smiley Wink

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Smiley Mad

Briefly left the garden this morning to snag a Walmart card for the Fico score and 15 cent discount on gas since I got a notification that 5 collections had been deleted from Transunion. I got approved alright but with a $150 limit!  Yuck!! Tried to recon limit. No dice! First card with GE so I will just nurture it for a few months and ask for a cli. I know it will grow over time.

Yep, really...limits can come that low for GECRB.  Should have gardened longer for optimal results.  On the updside and with positive history, this tradeline can grow.

Yeah I should have gardened longer but I got excited when those stupid collections got deleted. I use a tank a day for work so the gas discount was VERY appealing to me as well as the free TU Fico. Like I said, I know it will grow fast. So I'm not TOO disappointed. Was just hoping for a higher starting limit. Now I will have to make multiple payments to stay under limit. Well I will garden next two years and all my inquiries will be gone as well as my last two baddies. Then I will be ready for Chase,Amex,Discover and Citi!! Woohooooo

Sounds like the excitement got the best of you.  At least your foot is in the door with GE and it will grow over time.  Best suggested approach is to learn from this whenever you plan your next applications, since you mentioned some big players as your desirable credit candidates.  A well-approached and thought-out strategy will get best results.

Agreed Finstar. Lesson learned. My next apps will be the big 4 and my CRs will be squeaky clean!

Message 11 of 32
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the approval! Although it's a low limit to start, like mentioned, at least it will grow. I've never had any GE cards, but from the many posts I've read here they seem very giving when it comes to CLI. Just stay positive, be patient and garden and I'm sure in no time you'll have a better CL which suits your needs.

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 12 of 32
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

At least you got your foot  in the door, I applied for JCP and got $150 lol. I have had it for two years and never really used it, I hit the luv buttom the other day and wow a $ 500 increase. I am happy for anything really.

Message 13 of 32
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

although not the CL you were expecting, congrats anyhow on the approval Smiley Happy it'll grow like others said Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 14 of 32
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:

Smiley Mad

Briefly left the garden this morning to snag a Walmart card for the Fico score and 15 cent discount on gas since I got a notification that 5 collections had been deleted from Transunion. I got approved alright but with a $150 limit!  Yuck!! Tried to recon limit. No dice! First card with GE so I will just nurture it for a few months and ask for a cli. I know it will grow over time.

At least it's an approval!  Congrats and it will grow over time!  My JCP started at $250 and got to $1100 in less than a year

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 32
alvon123
Super Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

A $150 limit? I have never heard of such a low limit, I've heard of 300 limit, but 150? Wow

+1

Message 16 of 32
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Thats GE for you. I went on a GE app spree and got alot of good cards. Walmart Discover, Ebay Mastercard, Macys, Amazon, and a couple other for very decent amounts but than I applied for the American Eagle card and got a whopping 200 bucks. I have no need for that garbage in my wallet and they will increase it to 1,000 dollars or ill close it. 

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 17 of 32
hot4u
Established Contributor

Remember.. If you ever cancel your walmart card. You still get your Fico score  when you sign in.. wILL show account closed but updates Fico Monthly

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 18 of 32
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

I had a $4,000 GECRB account included in my Ch 13 and they've been very generous to me since I discharged in May... $9100 in CL across my Care Credit, Walmart, Chevron and 76 cards.

I really can't complain.  So far I've only used the Care Credit on small vet bills but may request a CLI down the road to get some cosmetic dentistry done... depending on the quote I get.

Message 19 of 32
Johnnyblaze1986
Valued Member

That's a very disrespectful limit, very disrespectful!!!! $150? What am I suppose to buy with that? Spoons and bubble gums?
Current Score: EX: 802 TU: 793 EQ: 790 / Last App: 04/11/2014 / In the garden until I find a house I like.

Citi Dividend $14,000Amex Blue Cash Preferred $14,000Chase Ink Cash $12,500Sallie Mae $12,500BOA Business Cash Back Rewards $10,000Chase Sapphire Preferred $8,500 Capital One Quicksilver $1,000     
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.