Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding, surprise CITI Custom Cash Approval

tag
JustJay119
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilding, surprise CITI Custom Cash Approval

Yeh CITI has been weird from earlier this year. My mom received a mailer with around. 630 Fico and 70% utl. Approved for CITI rewards + with 5800sl. 

Anyway, congrats on the approval!!  Enjoy 

Current

AU

Banking

Scores 10/15/21
Message 11 of 31
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Custom Cash approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 12 of 31
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Eldodroptop1 wrote:

Not just far better credit. But I have NEGATIVE history with CITI. Like I said, it's a head scratcher, but I'll gladly accept!

Negative is relative.  You had a hard time and couldn't meet your obligations.  Instead of just defaulting and moving on you made an arrangement to make good on your debt.  That sounds hugely  positive to me and probably to Citi.  Well done.

Message 13 of 31
blazerein
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 14 of 31
Sub16610
Established Contributor

@Eldodroptop1 wrote:

Rebuilding my credit (x-wife ruined me) was at 533 Fico 8 in December. Among my charge offs a CITI AA card was in there, worked out a payment plan with citi for 0% payments to pay off card. Paid off debt to Citi two months ago. along with every other charged off account. 

On a whim I just applied for the CITI Custom Cash card. My Transunion Fico 8 is 682. Citi pulled the Transunion and gave me an instant approval for $3200. There were four hard pulls on my TU in the last four months. 

Honestly, I'm shocked. I have read many stories how people with FAR better credit than me have difficulty with CITI. 

I appreciate the second chance, but I am scratching my head..

Conrgratulations on your Citi CC approval!

Message 15 of 31
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@wingennis wrote:

@Eldodroptop1 wrote:

Not just far better credit. But I have NEGATIVE history with CITI. Like I said, it's a head scratcher, but I'll gladly accept!

Negative is relative.  You had a hard time and couldn't meet your obligations.  Instead of just defaulting and moving on you made an arrangement to make good on your debt.  That sounds hugely  positive to me and probably to Citi.  Well done.

Totally agree. Good to see it does get rewarded.

Message 16 of 31
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Custom Cash approval 👍🏼

Message 17 of 31
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@Eldodroptop1 Congratulations! For moderate spenders that's the best credit card at the moment for an specific category in my opinion. 
I had to try twice to be able to get in with Citi. Now that you're a member check for other offers like flex loan or 0% transfers if you plan to carry a balance. 
enjoy the $200 bonus.

Message 18 of 31
SoonerSoldier33
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! This one's on my wish list for next time around. My TU is similar to yours. Gives me hope for about a year from now. Lol

Team Garden Club as of Oct 2021
Message 19 of 31
Eldodroptop1
Established Member

I was surprised to see the 0% offer, it obviously is a very good daily use card. Gladly, I am past carrying balances! In the last year I have gone from a bad marriage to single, and from around 60k in debt to debt free, and from 533 Fico 8 to almost 690. I used to have excellent credit, I'm working hard to get it back. 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.