Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent Approvals

That’s my first time hearing about Navy Fed’s rules. I’ll keep those in mind whenever I decide to get another one.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I started typing it in my notes app and didn’t feel like condensing it when I was done. Scrolling back up and looking at it.....yeah, it’s novel-esque with a sprinkle of Fico.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new cards. I just finished a spree of my own but would love to add Sportsmans Guide. Perhaps the SCT will pay off for me.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and how did your app spree turn out?
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Thanks and how did your app spree turn out?

Hit and miss so far. Declined for some I thought I would get like a JC Penney but approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred. Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
That’s my first time hearing about Navy Fed’s rules. I’ll keep those in mind whenever I decide to get another one.

We have a navy page in the credit cards section.   Lots of useful info in there. 

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve been on these forums off and on for a while now, but I’m going to have to turn it into a homework assignment instead of just reading the latest posts and learn all of the quirks of my current cards and the ones that I want. I haven’t checked the Navy Fed page out. I’ve just read random posts that people have made about them. Maybe this is the step that I take that will step my knowledge game up. Search function get ready, I’m about to bring it!
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I’ve been on these forums off and on for a while now, but I’m going to have to turn it into a homework assignment instead of just reading the latest posts and learn all of the quirks of my current cards and the ones that I want. I haven’t checked the Navy Fed page out. I’ve just read random posts that people have made about them. Maybe this is the step that I take that will step my knowledge game up. Search function get ready, I’m about to bring it!

I have lots of Navy EXP, so most things i can answer as well. 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

10-4! Well, I have the nRewards Visa, so which card do you think I should apply for next? Also, does Navy Fed send out preapproved offers? Just FYI, I initially had a secured nRewards at a $500 SL and it unsecured and went to a $2,000 CL at the one year mark without request.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
10-4! Well, I have the nRewards Visa, so which card do you think I should apply for next? Also, does Navy Fed send out preapproved offers? Just FYI, I initially had a secured nRewards at a $500 SL and it unsecured and went to a $2,000 CL at the one year mark without request.

Which card to go after next would be up to you and your spend habits.  If you benefit more from CB, i would say cashrewards, if you like points card then gorewards. The Amex is great 3x on gas & grocery, but its a points card so you have to have $25 to redeem.  Flagship is good, but it does have an annual fee $49 and minimum 5k for approval, so you would have to be able to get 5k SL at least.  I've never gotten a pre-approved, but after 91/3 i always got what i asked for, so i've really never needed one. 

YMMV but the easier ones to get are the cash rewards, go rewards and the platinum.  Something to consider is you can PC your nrewards to one of the other cards (except Amex, no PC for that one).  That chocie is upto you. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.