Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent CLI's & Question on Requesting CLI on other cards

tag
heather06
New Contributor

Recent CLI's & Question on Requesting CLI on other cards

I recently received credit line increases on my Amazon Store Card and Toys R Us card this week.

They were as follows:

Amazon Store Card was at $2260 and I was given increase to $3500 (asked for $7k and they countered)

Toys R Us Store Card was at $1800 and I was given an increase to $2500 (asked for $3500 and they countered)

Question: How long do I have to wait before asking for another CLI from Synchrony?

Also I am looking to request CLI's on my remaining cards which are as follows:

Cap1 - Quicksilver One - Current line of credit is $5000 - & havent had an auto increase in more than a year.

Question: Does it max out at this amount? Is it a hard pull if I ask for cli? Is it better to call or use luv button?

Kohls - Current line of credit is $1,000. Havent had increase in well over a year and have never tried the luv button. 

Question: Are cli's for this card a hard pull if I push luv button? What's the typical increase?

Target - Current Limit - $3300 - Was just given increase last month of $500 (was $2800 before increase).

Question: How often do they do cli? I believe from what I read if you just update income regularly every month they will review your account for a cli, correct? 

Home Depot - Current Limit - $7,000 - Was given a $2,000 auto cli in last 6 months. 

Question: Is this a hard pull if I ask for a CLI?  How often can you ask for an increase on this card? Not sure I want to ask now (esp. if hard pull) but want to put on my radar for when i do.

HSN Comenity Card MC - Current Limit - $4000. Was given a cli 3-4 months ago.

Question: How often can I ask for cli for this card? Is it a hard pull? Better to call in or use luv button?

Additional Question: What CR's do the above pull info from when checking for cli?

Thanks for the help! First time I ever called in for increase on Synchrony and was floored at how easy it was! Smiley Wink Wish I would have known sooner that you could do this! I have just been sitting back waiting for auto increases the last few years. This forum is the BOMB!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent CLI's & Question on Requesting CLI on other cards

CapOne cards might be capped, usually if it was a starter card. With $5k that seems unlikely. Use the CapOne luv button, it's a soft pull. 

Don't know about the rest. 

Message 2 of 3
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: Recent CLI's & Question on Requesting CLI on other cards

@heather06 wrote:

I recently received credit line increases on my Amazon Store Card and Toys R Us card this week.

They were as follows:

Amazon Store Card was at $2260 and I was given increase to $3500 (asked for $7k and they countered)

Toys R Us Store Card was at $1800 and I was given an increase to $2500 (asked for $3500 and they countered)

Question: How long do I have to wait before asking for another CLI from Synchrony?

Also I am looking to request CLI's on my remaining cards which are as follows:

Cap1 - Quicksilver One - Current line of credit is $5000 - & havent had an auto increase in more than a year.

Question: Does it max out at this amount? Is it a hard pull if I ask for cli? Is it better to call or use luv button?

Kohls - Current line of credit is $1,000. Havent had increase in well over a year and have never tried the luv button. 

Question: Are cli's for this card a hard pull if I push luv button? What's the typical increase?

-I tried the luv button and was declined due to a new account but I'm pretty sure it was soft pull. Hasn't shown up yet. I'm at $1k as well. I don't use it that much so $1k is fine with me.

Target - Current Limit - $3300 - Was just given increase last month of $500 (was $2800 before increase).

Question: How often do they do cli? I believe from what I read if you just update income regularly every month they will review your account for a cli, correct? 

Home Depot - Current Limit - $7,000 - Was given a $2,000 auto cli in last 6 months. 

Question: Is this a hard pull if I ask for a CLI?  How often can you ask for an increase on this card? Not sure I want to ask now (esp. if hard pull) but want to put on my radar for when i do.

-I know that HD is a HP so I would avoid it unless you really want it increased or don't care about the HP. I'm sitting at $3k after an initial $1.3k SL and haven't wanted to risk the HP.

HSN Comenity Card MC - Current Limit - $4000. Was given a cli 3-4 months ago.

Question: How often can I ask for cli for this card? Is it a hard pull? Better to call in or use luv button?

Additional Question: What CR's do the above pull info from when checking for cli?

Thanks for the help! First time I ever called in for increase on Synchrony and was floored at how easy it was! Smiley Wink Wish I would have known sooner that you could do this! I have just been sitting back waiting for auto increases the last few years. This forum is the BOMB!

Congrats on the CLI's!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.