EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: For those who got approved for Cap1 Venture recently

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

Hi guys,

Would you mind sharing some stats for your Cap1 approval? I'm trying to consolidate the the data of the approvals to make one "last" ditch effort before... *well you know what I mean* Smiley Very Happy

Please share the stats if you are comfortable to

Pre-qualified: Yes/No

FICO scores across 3 bureaus:

Inquiries:

AAoA:

Current highest credit line:

CL upon approval:

Income (no need to be specific)

Thanks for sharing! 

@Aarvard,

I am looking forward to responses.  I have pulled up the app. input information and then exited.  Ughh... these approvals...Smiley Tongue

I opened and closed the application for the 5th time already Smiley Sad. Don't like the idea of triple pulls and a whopping $500 CL lol 

Eh... I know.  I detest the triple pull tooSmiley Sad

I agree.  The triple pull is a deal breaker for me.  That seems over the top in my opinion.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 51 of 257
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Recent Cap1 Venture Approval Stats

Stats... The nitty gritty

Venture
Pre qualified~ yes!
Inquires...20+ all three( no need to be specific, lol!)
Fico scores 660-666
Lots of baddies..( pd tax lien, BK7, 21 IIB accts)

overall util reporting is 1%

CL~ $10k
Apr~16.99%
Current cardholder (QS1 $2k/$0 bal)
Highest CL on major is $14k, but hasn't updated to the CRA yet, still shows $10k, so they matched that

Right after, I applied back to back for the QS Visa Siggy.....same results, $10k/17.99%

Don't ask me how I was approved, I just was. If I wasn't prequalified, with the "congrats", opt out at the bottom of page, and set apr I wouldn't have applied. I was prequalified for both cards.

Message 52 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

Hi guys,

Would you mind sharing some stats for your Cap1 approval? I'm trying to consolidate the the data of the approvals to make one "last" ditch effort before... *well you know what I mean* Smiley Very Happy

Please share the stats if you are comfortable to

Pre-qualified: Yes/No

FICO scores across 3 bureaus:

Inquiries:

AAoA:

Current highest credit line:

CL upon approval:

Income (no need to be specific)

Thanks for sharing! 

@Aarvard,

I am looking forward to responses.  I have pulled up the app. input information and then exited.  Ughh... these approvals...Smiley Tongue

I opened and closed the application for the 5th time already Smiley Sad. Don't like the idea of triple pulls and a whopping $500 CL lol 

Eh... I know.  I detest the triple pull tooSmiley Sad

I agree.  The triple pull is a deal breaker for me.  That seems over the top in my opinion.  

The triple pull sucks but is definitely overrated. If you have low inquiries like me, then it's no big deal (Except EX Smiley Indifferent )

Message 53 of 257
NYFan63
Established Contributor

I am very tempted to apply.  I recently paid down a $15k balance on my NFCU and want to wait til it shows up on my Cap1 TU score.  I also have been wanting to decrease my INQ's.

Will kep you posted....

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 54 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

I caved, except i applied for Venture One instead because I can not meet the minimum spend on venture and it had a higher interest rate.  I discussed this with spouse (who has no credit score and does not wish to understand credit at all and who should never have a cc as he is terrible with money.  I have not made him AU on any of my accounts and he is not on my mortgage) who did not want me to apply because i just got two other cards in the last month, and mother who did think I should apply before the old account mentioned below falls off my ex making my aaoa drop significantly. 

I hope this does not negatively impact my amex 3x at the end of March but it is not the end of the world if it does.

Scores in my signature are current.

I have a few inquires on each cb

income ~40000 (household income and it is actually going to be larger for this year)

picked "average credit"

was prequal for venture at 16.9% Venture one  at 15.9% (and has intro of 0% until next February) and QS at 17.9%

On EX my average age of accounts is like 17 because they have a closed account still reporting but will fall off this year and an AU account that is a few years old. On TU and EQ no accounts are currently reporting except mortgage and paid off car loan.

no baddies on any.

I put use cards for only $2000 a month which may be why lower limit combined with income.

approved for $5000 at 15.9%

Message 55 of 257
chalupaman
Super Contributor

My app is currentty being manually reviewed by the underwriting department and I'll be hearing from CapOne within several business days. Can't spoil too many details as to how I got them to do that but yeah it's possible and they'll be using my payment history on the Quicksilver as a factor too in whether I get the card or not. My EQ has the most inquiries right now with about 12 right now including the CapOne pull from this month. TU has 6 including my latest CapOne pull so really 11 inquiries on EQ and 5 on TU prior to applying. I really hope it's true that this card isn't that inquiry/new account sensitive at all.

My score on EQ is around a 697 right now and my TU is in the 720s. Do you guys think I might have a chance here? The VentureOne app was declined for the same reasons as the Venture app despite having less inquiries on EQ at the time.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 56 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

My app is currentty being manually reviewed by the underwriting department and I'll be hearing from CapOne within several business days. Can't spoil too many details as to how I got them to do that but yeah it's possible and they'll be using my payment history on the Quicksilver as a factor too in whether I get the card or not. My EQ has the most inquiries right now with about 12 right now including the CapOne pull from this month. TU has 6 including my latest CapOne pull so really 11 inquiries on EQ and 5 on TU prior to applying. I really hope it's true that this card isn't that inquiry/new account sensitive at all.

My score on EQ is around a 697 right now and my TU is in the 720s. Do you guys think I might have a chance here? The VentureOne app was declined for the same reasons as the Venture app despite having less inquiries on EQ at the time.

crossing fingers for you!!

Message 57 of 257
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Pre-qualified: Yes

FICO scores across 3 bureaus: TU 691 EX 688 EQ 668

Inquiries: TU 21 EX 13 EQ 10

AAoA: <2 years

Current highest credit line: $10k

CL upon approval: $10k

Income (no need to be specific) $53k

Message 58 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

more data on my approval above.

I got the congrats email this evening (it kind of freaks me out that they took so long to send it), applied yesterday morning and got instant approval.

so far only ex and eq have reported and according to myfico no score drop from it so YAY.  my first statement close on my bce and freedom was also yesterday. Amex closed at $0 and Freedom at $172 because I didn't know it was closing yesterday (It didn't give me a close date and I hadnt done the math back from the due date of 3/6.  So I am glad I did the venture one app before this in the off chance that one or both decided to report the new accounts this week.

ot: applied and was denied for the usair card about a week ago and no pulls have shown up on myfico for it. 

Message 59 of 257
KatieKatie
Regular Contributor

Re: Recent Cap1 Venture Approval Stats

I had no intention of applying before I read through these posts.  I'd read all the other Venture approvals, but there was something irresistable about reading through each of these!  Anyway, here are my stats:

Pre-qualified: Only for the QuiksilverOne and the Platinum
FICO scores across 3 bureaus: EQ: 674 EX: 676 TU: 709
Inquiries: EQ: 9 EX: more than 2 but less than 9 I think TU: 2 I think 
AAoA: 2.0 years until my 3 backdated AMEX's appear
Current highest credit line: $35,000
CL upon approval: $15,000

APR: 20.9% :-(
Income (no need to be specific): 195k

Message 60 of 257
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.