Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Smorgasbord Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent Smorgasbord Approvals

So when I joined here last February I was in dire straights. My score overall was around 530.

I've done a lot to clean up and I'm feeling like I'm on the right path. I had one Capital One Secured card when I started.

Since my scores are hovering around 650 across all 3 I decided to give it a whirl.

I was approved this week for the following: 

Potterybarn - $500 but immediately requested CLI and received $2500

CareCredit - $800

Ikea - $500 but immediately requested CLI and received $2050

Home Depot - $500 can called for CLI and received $3500

Discover-Had now for 6 months at $500, requested CLI and approved for $1000

I'm in the garden now for 6 months.  My main goal is to get in early 700's as I'm hoping for a HELOC to do some home renovations.

Do you all feel like I could reach low 700's by September? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Recent Smorgasbord Approvals

Congrats on the approvals! Besides the Discover and CareCredit, the other three are Store cards. I would be careful in applying for anymore of those. Without knowing what's left on your profile and other info, it would be hard to say. But just from what I see, 700's are probably not possible by September. The impact of 4 new cards will definitely hurt your scores. I think 700 is more attainable in a year, being conservative.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the new cards, I would stay in the garden until you are approved for that HELOC even if it takes longer than 6 months.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

I didn't mention that in May I will hit my 1 year on my mortgage. No late payments and I pay more into my principle. 

This is the breakdown that I have total:

Capital One-PlatinumMasterCard$600.00
KohlsKohls$700.00
Capital One-QSMasterCard$1,100.00
DiscoverDiscover$1000.00
TargetTarget$700.00
RBFCUMasterCard$500.00
IkeaComenity$2,050.00
Care CreditSynchrony $800.00
Home DepotCiti$3,500.00
Pottery BarnComenity$2,500.00
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on app spree approvals !!!!

Message 5 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Wowowow you are a PRO at reconning SLs! Lol teach me your ways. Congrats on all that! I think the 700s are in your near future assuming you pay on time and keeps low balances etc. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is my plan. I'm not locked into September it was just my personal goal date.

I was at 26% utilitzation of my cards before my little app spree. My plan is to not run out and use the newly added funds.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.