cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Smorgasbord Approvals

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Valued Member

Recent Smorgasbord Approvals

So when I joined here last February I was in dire straights. My score overall was around 530.

I've done a lot to clean up and I'm feeling like I'm on the right path. I had one Capital One Secured card when I started.

Since my scores are hovering around 650 across all 3 I decided to give it a whirl.

I was approved this week for the following: 

Potterybarn - $500 but immediately requested CLI and received $2500

CareCredit - $800

Ikea - $500 but immediately requested CLI and received $2050

Home Depot - $500 can called for CLI and received $3500

Discover-Had now for 6 months at $500, requested CLI and approved for $1000

I'm in the garden now for 6 months.  My main goal is to get in early 700's as I'm hoping for a HELOC to do some home renovations.

Do you all feel like I could reach low 700's by September? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Valued Contributor

Re: Recent Smorgasbord Approvals

Congrats on the approvals! Besides the Discover and CareCredit, the other three are Store cards. I would be careful in applying for anymore of those. Without knowing what's left on your profile and other info, it would be hard to say. But just from what I see, 700's are probably not possible by September. The impact of 4 new cards will definitely hurt your scores. I think 700 is more attainable in a year, being conservative.

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 2 of 7

Grats on the new cards, I would stay in the garden until you are approved for that HELOC even if it takes longer than 6 months.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 3 of 7
Valued Member

Thanks!

I didn't mention that in May I will hit my 1 year on my mortgage. No late payments and I pay more into my principle. 

This is the breakdown that I have total:

Capital One-PlatinumMasterCard$600.00
KohlsKohls$700.00
Capital One-QSMasterCard$1,100.00
DiscoverDiscover$1000.00
TargetTarget$700.00
RBFCUMasterCard$500.00
IkeaComenity$2,050.00
Care CreditSynchrony $800.00
Home DepotCiti$3,500.00
Pottery BarnComenity$2,500.00

Message 4 of 7
Senior Contributor

COngrats on app spree approvals !!!!

3-2019 / Fico 8 EX 802 , EQ 803 , TR 805
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 5 of 7
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Wowowow you are a PRO at reconning SLs! Lol teach me your ways. Congrats on all that! I think the 700s are in your near future assuming you pay on time and keeps low balances etc. 

Discover It: 18.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 4.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 6 of 7
Valued Member

Yes, that is my plan. I'm not locked into September it was just my personal goal date.

I was at 26% utilitzation of my cards before my little app spree. My plan is to not run out and use the newly added funds.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Message 7 of 7