Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent approvals and CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent approvals and CLIs

Hello again all. My credit rebuild has taken off to new heights with my scores approaching the 750's for the first time ever (TU is at 754 as of this post) as well as my overall UTIL reaching the sub-9% mark and decided to celebrate by going on an app spree. I'm now at the point where I can start sockdrawering some of my lower limit cards that refuse to grow for various reasons. I thought about just closing them since they are of no use to me anymore, but did some research on these forums and the general advice is to just keep them open unless they have an AF (which mine don't). All but 2 of my cards have any sort of balance on them and they're both on 0% APR promos. But first, some CLI's to report:

Walmart: $1850 -> $2100

CapOne QS: $1250 -> $1350 (*groan*)

Marvel MC (RIP soon): $2500 -> $3000

Amazon Synchrony: $5000 -> $6000

*update 5/6* Discover It #1 (The SJ Sharks one): $9500 -> $11,500

Interesting DP on the Kohl's Card, I attempted a CLI on it and came back declined for the reason "Card is at the maximum allowable credit limit". I haven't seen anyone that has that card at a higher CL than I do, so I'm assuming $3000 is the highest it can go. The CapOne CLI was insulting imho and has become the answer to the slogan "What's in your Sockdrawer?"

Now to the fun part, the apps.

Comenity MC: (recieved pre-qual email) $3000 SL *approved*

FNBO Evergreen Visa Signature: (pre-qual'd via link in the 'Soft Pull Pre-Qualify thread') $14,000 SL *approved*

Venmo Visa: $1000 SL (temporary SL?) *approved*

FNBO Rewards Visa Signature: (recieved pre-qual mail offer) $11,600 SL *approved*

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $4,000 SL *approved*

Verizon Visa Signature: $5000 SL *approved*

Comenity was intriguing since I pretty much blacklisted them for balance chasing a couple of store cards I had from them before. I figured there's less of a chance of them doing that to their own branded MC. FNBO seems to be handing out high SL's like crazy lately and I'm no exception. Those two new FNBO cards are the highest and tied for the 2nd highest lines I have at the moment. The Venmo Visa is a card I had on my radar for a few months now, but now that the Marvel Card is being Thanos Snapped it was time I grab this card as it's replacement. The $1000 SL seems low and I don't remember if this was it's temp limit or not (it was 4 in the morning when I app'd for it lol). The Amex approval was surprising since I have the CashMagnet that's stuck at it's original $1000 SL and refuses to grow. Then the Verizon Visa card which was a pain in the buns to apply for since the Verizon account is in DW's name and you can't edit the name on the application. I had to call to get it changed. That was another card I had my eye on for months.

All in all pretty happy with my new additions. These approvals put me over the $100k TCL milestone as well Smiley Happy.

Sadly, there were 2 declines.

CapOne SavorOne: Declined for multiple reasons, one of them being "too many revolving accounts (LOL)"

This is now the third time I've been declined for this card and that's pretty much the final straw for them. With the addition to their slogan I made fun of earlier in the thread, I should add "What's *not* in your wallet?" to it as well.

Meriwest CU (Elan) Max Rewards Visa: Declined for "too many new accounts".

This one was a bummer since this was my most desired card. I don't know how long I should wait before trying this one again but this card is worth gardening for, and this denial may be enough reason for me to sit in the garden until it's time.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Recent approvals and CLIs

Congrats on your approvals and CLI!!!! Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

I'd suggest some gardening. Comenity and Synch can easily spook on multiple profile changes, and you introduced not 1, but 2 Synchrony cards into the mix.

Message 2 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs and approvals!
Message 3 of 22
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all your CLI success and new cards!

Message 4 of 22
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

That was a pretty successful spree you had. You got just about something from everyone. 😆 

Congrats on all of your success!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty good run of approvals and CLIs, grats to them all Smiley Happy

An app with Elan or US Bank should be run before all others as they use less than known sources that know of all your inquiries. 3K is the limit for Kohls AFAIK.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I did that one third after the Comenity and Evergreen apps. I originally wasn't going to apply until August.

Message 7 of 22
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  How much do you spend monthly on the Walmart Mastercard?

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

$60-100 at most per month on the Walmart Card, but also another 300-400 on Black Friday. It's also the regular card I had since the Synchrony days, not the MC.

Message 9 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs and approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.