Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent "scores"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent "scores"

OK, so after years of using and abusing my own finances I started to get serious about getting squared away last year.  

I still have a way to go to get to where I want to be, but I've enjoyed some success (luck ?) in some credit "wins" ...

Of course I started with the Cap One Platinum Secured...it was soon graduated to unsecured and the CL is $500.  On a whim, I applied for the QS-One and got a $500 CL.  A few months later, the QS-One was increased to $1,100.

I had to replace a flat tire and went to a Firestone store some time after that.  The fellow asked if I would like to apply for the card.  I figured I would get declined, but I know (from working in retail) that these folks have a lot of pressure to get credit apps, and since my score is still laughable, a few HP's wouldn't make a difference.  Wouldn't you know...approved for $800.

In the interim I picked up a couple toy CC's $300 each from Credit One and Indigo.

I then opened small accounts at PenFed and NavyFed (I had never even heard of PenFed before viewing this forum but of course had seen NaveFed commercials ad nauseum)...while my request for a CC was declined at PenFed, I actually got approved for $4700 at NavyFed.  

So that is where I am now.  Just happy to hear something besides "no" for a change.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: Recent "scores"

Congrats on the progress!
Message 2 of 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Recent "scores"

Congrats, PF= Tuff Cookie. Navy = Cookie DelightsSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.