Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Sucess! w/ Chase and Alliant

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Recon Sucess! w/ Chase and Alliant

Well I was dead set to pull a rabbit out of a hat especially with Alliant being a hard credit union to crack with approvals while sporting multiple accounts and inquires. 

Applied for Chase IHG rewards & Alliant 3% Cashback Visa signature on Monday knowing that these 2 cards would be my last for the year and foreseeable future. Both received declines after going pending for a few hours. So let the process rest overnight and then got on a recon mission the next morning Alliant was surprisingly the easiest to recon after speaking to the Loan Officer regarding my income and residence he put me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back on the line with an approval for $10k SL on the Visa Signature pending POI which is no biggy for me. Just the opportunity to even get a recon with them is a win win.

Now Chase was a whole different matter. Called on Tuesday evening and talked to a nice Loan Officer who throughly looked over my credit report placing me on hold 3 different times before coming back and giving me the unfortunately we cannot approve you news due to multiple accounts opened with the last 8 months he stated. He did welcome me to call back if something had improved on my profile within the next 30 days( I'm like what" improvement? Accounts mysteriously vanishing from my report"? Lol

But with that and not taking no for an answer called the very next day and talked to another rep who put me on a brief hold and came back to say your only allowed one recon attempt in a 24 hour period which was like news to me and maybe a data point for some down the road. Now seeing the need to cool my heels for a few days and let this thing rest I decided to give it one last attempt this evening as I was determined to get someone who would approve me. This might sound strange to some but in these cases it's all about getting the " right" rep on the line at the right to get results. I will often hang rite up on a voice that sounds not very accommodating as you can just sense the vibe" Nice rep answered, explained my situation, she took income and housing info, put me on hold for around 5 minutes, came back with 2 options (1) Approval of IHG contingent on credit reallocation (2) Take the chances with a senior loan officer to look over your report with a fine tooth comb & roll the dice within 48-72 hours. 

I took her up on the later and did the reallocation from my Ritz Carlton w$450AF on the chopping block anyways to get the approval I really wanted all along. Even with all my sucess I have realized one thing that sometimes we have to give to get to achieve what we want.

All totaled a successful recon experience after taking the hp' s early in the week. 

Alliant 3% Cashback Rewards Visa Siggy $10k SL 11.99 Apr ( pending POI)

Chase IHG Rewards MasterCard $15,000 CL  Apr? ( reallocation) Already sent a secure message to Chase to upgrade package to 100,000k points Smiley Wink

Now to officially plant myself in the garden for an infinite amount of time ( I completely promise)!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Recon Sucess! w/ Chase and Alliant

Wow Bruised , really great jobSmiley Happy. Enjoy your sucess and hope gardening brings you lots of unbruised flowers lolSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, bruisedcredit! Way to not take no for an answer! Smiley Happy It definitely, definitely paid off!

Message 3 of 8
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, bruised!
Message 4 of 8
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much guys! Much appreciated. This community has been an absolute blessing to me! Smiley Wink

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, what were your fico scores. Which bureau did Alliant pull from? I’m interested in the Alliant VSig too.
Message 6 of 8
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Hi, I believe my scores where around 750 Fico 9 scores they use for applications. Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes.

Message 7 of 8
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Great job ! ESP with Chase, God how I hate that bank! Had to laugh about them telling you to call back in 30 days!  Really what is going to change?  Also one recon allowed every 24 hrs. Talk about micro management. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.