cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeemed with Amex with 2 CARDS in one night--Wouldn't have happend without you guys

tag
chyguy71
Valued Member

Redeemed with Amex with 2 CARDS in one night--Wouldn't have happend without you guys

I'm in shock--X 2!

I'm slowly rebuilding my credit score with help from you folks.  2.5 years of clean living and no lates and I got my one card, a Cap one from $1250 to $5000 and then my scores got stuck around 667-671.  I'm working on getting my lates GW'd off but that'll take a bit of time.

So at the suggestion of some writers I went to creditcards.com's Cardmatch which suggested an Amex Gold (PRG).  (I'd had one years ago and after initially using it wisely I abused it and eventually Amex cancelled the account after too many lates.  I did pay the full bill tho at closing.)  AMAZINGLY I WAS APPROVED.  My app did have solid employment, good salary and assets so some pluses.  Still shocked me after all these years.  On top of that I'll be earing 50K Miles.  Since I'd opened my first account in 1989 I'll be getting some excellent AAoA.

Then I kept on reading all the postings about applying for a 2nd card on the same day to avoid HP for the 2nd card.  (Seems like some disagreement on what actually happens)   But I'd like another credit card and it seemed worth the risk so I put in the 2nd app and got APPROVED FOR AN AMEX CREDIT CARD--Blue Cash Everyday with a $5,500 CL!  Shockingly high!!  

Based on my existing spending I'll easily hit all the spending requirements and get miles and cash back.  Pretty cool.

So with my current situation:  Cap 1:  $5K CL; Amex BCE $5.5K CL; AMEX Gold PRG (No preset limit) and 2 HP's that go off in May and 1 new HP for AMEX

my plan is:

1.  Wait for 91 days to request a CL increase on the BCE Amex

2.  Once I hit the 6 month mark since my last CLI from Cap 1 I'll call the EO to request a new CLI

3.  See if I can get one more Visa/Mastercard to fill out the mix but prolly want to avoid fees. (Best card?)

And then time to garden as I'll want to apply for a mortgage in 2nd half of year.

Does this sound like the best plan?  Any suggestions on how to proceed otherwise?

Many thanks to all for your thoughts and encouragment.

d

Starting Score: Equifax my FICO 668 Transunion Vantage 717 Experian 657 Plus Score
Current Score: Equifax my FICO 668 Transunion Vantage 648 Experian 667 Plus Score

Switch to Plus Scores Oct 11 13: Equifax 667 Transunion 631 Experian 667 (2010 Scores were all approx 600!)
Current myfico 8 FICO Scores August 15 wr 2015: Equifax 746 Transunion 748 Experian 708
Goal Score: 760 by June 30, 2016

\
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: Redeemed with Amex with 2 CARDS in one night--Wouldn't have happend without you guys

Congrats chyguy.....awesome success story!  Just went thru the same process a few days ago....got the PRG myself - thanks to creditmatch.com - that 50K offer was too good to pass up, right?!? And like you, double app'd & got a 2nd Blue card, the BCP.  So, I know how excited you must be right now.  Just wait 'til that PRG arrives at your door in a couple days!  :-) ....anyway, enjoy your new cards & good job with all of your progress, too!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 2 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Redeemed with Amex with 2 CARDS in one night--Wouldn't have happend without you guys

Message 3 of 15
chyguy71
Valued Member

I guess I meant 61 days...I've read so much on here in the last few hours I got dizzy.

One mistake I made was making the BCE app from the amex site and not from creditcards.com cardmatch---the promo was better on cardmatch.  $100 more Reward Cash on cardmatch (but no $79 Amazon Prime).  However, I somehow felt a bit more comfortable on the amex site--not sure it helped but made me feel a little more confident so not big deal.

The deal for gold was much, much better on the creditcards.com site than on amex site--25K miles!

Starting Score: Equifax my FICO 668 Transunion Vantage 717 Experian 657 Plus Score
Current Score: Equifax my FICO 668 Transunion Vantage 648 Experian 667 Plus Score

Switch to Plus Scores Oct 11 13: Equifax 667 Transunion 631 Experian 667 (2010 Scores were all approx 600!)
Current myfico 8 FICO Scores August 15 wr 2015: Equifax 746 Transunion 748 Experian 708
Goal Score: 760 by June 30, 2016

\
Message 4 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 15
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@chyguy71 wrote:

I guess I meant 61 days...I've read so much on here in the last few hours I got dizzy.

One mistake I made was making the BCE app from the amex site and not from creditcards.com cardmatch---the promo was better on cardmatch.  $100 more Reward Cash on cardmatch (but no $79 Amazon Prime).  However, I somehow felt a bit more comfortable on the amex site--not sure it helped but made me feel a little more confident so not big deal.

The deal for gold was much, much better on the creditcards.com site than on amex site--25K miles!

the promo for Prime is exclusively ran through Amazon site and you dont need an promo for it. You have to be an Prime Member to qualify and the site is: amazon.com/amexbluecasheverydayprimeoffer

And congrats on your CAs!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 6 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

Great Job!!!

Message 8 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!
Don't forget to ask for a 3xcli in 61 days!! You could get $16,500!!!! Stay in the garden if you're want to get a 3xcli!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats! Good job!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.