Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regretting Barclay Ring approval...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regretting Barclay Ring approval...

I'm beginning to have buyers remorse as I just applied for the Ring card and was approved for $10,000.  I felt like I wasted an inquiry as I have other cards that offer much better rewards.  Does anyone know if I can use the 0% balance transfer next year sometime?  I don't need to transfer anything now as I have 0% on another card for the next 18 months.  Darn, the rewards just stink on this card.  Do they at least offer periodic 0% balance transfers?  Thanks guys.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Regretting Barclay Ring approval...

Congrats on the approval.  They do offer 0% periodically.  But remember, this is barclays.  Prepare yourself for surprises.

Message 2 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Think that card is more of a Low APR variety almost exclusively for the most part and they lean not as much toward rewards per say.

Decent approval limit though. Congrats on your new approval and maybe it can at least build you history where later on you might product change it for a better rewards version that suits your plans.

Message 3 of 16
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval. Sorry to hear that you're having buyers remorse now. Hopefully, it'll at least help with your Util. You won't be able to use the current 0% offer next year, I think it's within 45days of account opening, but as another poster mentioned, maybe you'll get a periodic offer that'll come at a time when you need it. Since this CC is strictly a BT CC, with no rewards or signup bonus, may I ask, what made you apply? 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Think that card is more of a Low APR variety almost exclusively for the most part and they lean not as much toward rewards per say.

Decent approval limit though. Congrats on your new approval and maybe it can at least build you history where later on you might product change it for a better rewards version that suits your plans.

No longer a low Apr Card. Variable rate is 13.99% right now and no rewards. GADS virtually everyone offers a better card for the current Apr.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

All three reports are finally clean and my true Fico socres are all in the 780's.  I've always wanted a Ring card and decided to go for it.  I also applied for the Merril Lynch 50k point bonus card but that is pending review.  It's been a long road but I have finally arrived!  Thanks guys!

Message 6 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

No longer a low Apr Card. Variable rate is 13.99% right now and no rewards. GADS virtually everyone offers a better card for the current Apr.

Was 8% for the longest time when i first was approved for it and beyond but since it's no longer even competitive with the APR then it's obviously merely a dust warmer.

No rewards + no 8% APR (at least) the suggestion i made seems an only route. That is make some history with it and PC over to something else they might have for rewards purposes.

Message 7 of 16
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Was 8% for the longest time when i first was approved for it and beyond but since it's no longer even competitive with the APR then it's obviously merely a dust warmer.

No rewards + no 8% APR (at least) the suggestion i made seems an only route. That is make some history with it and PC over to something else they might have for rewards purposes.

I'd been wondering why no one talked about the Ring any more. For a while everybody loved it and then it disappeared from discussion. Thanks for the explanations.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't tell from your post if you know this, so ignore me if you do. It's also 0% APR for 15 mo on purchases if that's something you can use, not just 15 months 0% APR on BTs. 

They are having a promo right now.  I don't know if it's a targeted offer or for every Ring card. If you spend $500 in Sept, you get a $15 credit.  That's up to 3% back. (Of course, the more you go over $500, the lower the return.) It's not amazing, but it's nice to use on a category not otherwise covered by your other cards. (I have two 2% on everything cards.)  If you don't have that offer now, you may get another useful offer later.

Message 9 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats and sorry? Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.