Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relax TD Bank!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Relax TD Bank!!

Trying to make a long story short, I hadn't used my Nordstrom card in a very long time and it was closed due to inactivity. So I decided to reapply for another card online. Expecting to be instantly approved, I was shocked when I was told to call credit services to complete my application. So I called and was told they were unable to verify my identity.. huh??? My previous Nordstrom account had been open for 14 years and I also have a Target card from TD (which sees LOTS of use lol) Needless to say I was quite confused. I decided to play their game and send them a copy of a utility bill and drivers license as requested. 3 weeks pass and nothing. So I call Nordstrom and ask what the hell is going on. After being transferred to 2 different departments I was told I would receive a phone call from a rep named Susan in the next 24 hours. The next day Susan calls and asks me several questions regarding my identity... FINALLY she said I would receive my card in 7-10 days. I'll be damned if two days later they didn't call AGAIN to make sure it was really me that applied. I understand the amount of identity theft that takes place today but C'MON!!!! I was so annoyed I was almost ready to tell them to forget it. So basically it was a month of phone calls and snail mail to get a card that I already had.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Relax TD Bank!!

This sounds like fun lol 😄 Congrats on your reapproval lol. Use the card this time 😜

Message 2 of 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Sounds like Chase to me when I did a PC from freedom to slate.  Not only did fraud call me a couple of times but they also ordered a 2nd card in the process somehow with the same #'s front and back.  Not sure how sending a duplicate card with the same CCV on the back is more secure?  Also found it odd that one had the pamphlet in english and the other card package came in spanish. 

*shrug*

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took them a whole month to verify your identity? That's crazy! Glad you got the card though..
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.