Not applicable

Re: Requesting Amex Credit Inscreasement

YaY... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Message 11 of 15
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the new CLI! 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't thank you enough for the advice. When it comes to requesting 27k will I have to submit W2 records or will bank records suffice? Regardless thank you again for the help in getting me an extra $6,000 total $9,000 B.I.G ones! 

I have alot of credit cards since 8 years ago and I have never missed a single payment ever! But some of the credit limits such as bestbuy has never bumped my credit up from $300. And what is strange I have some credit cards with thousands of dollars line of credit. I don't get it but oh well.

@1. If Amex wants IV request @27k, they will send an IRS 4506-T form to fill out and sign, which will give them the permission to pull your tax return. Remember #3 scenario up top, if you don't want to deal with IV request, back out of that page and ask for a lower amount (probably 1k less each time) until you get an approval without IV request.

2. Best Buy is backed by Citi, are you saying they never auto increased your $300 CL or are you saying they denied you when you requested CLI? If you have never asked like Amex, you can ask for CLI online like you just did with Amex, also soft pull.

Message 13 of 15
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your 3x CLI.

As Oldman87 was stating, if you havn't gotten CLI's on your cards, many do SP's only for it. For Citi, Amex, BoA - I believe they are all SPs. Chase is an HP. I believe Comenity/Synchrony are SP's as well. I would recommend going through all of your cards and seeing which ones can get an SP CLI on. Or, if you'd like, post your cards here and we can let you know which is an SP and which is an HP.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 14 of 15
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

JUST GOT APPROVED TO $9,000! I can't tell you how excited I am. Stated it would show up within 15 minutes of my request. It was worth just paying the $30.00 plus dollars to join MyFico. I was initially going to just ask for $2,000 more but didn't realize that I would get bumped up higher! Thanks to everyone for the good advice and help!

MyFico forum portion is free. At least is has been for me. I don't have access to my scoring but, this portion, "The Community", has been priceless. Edited to add: If you don't know the answer, ask, no question is a dumb question. The Community will help you out.

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.