Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous Citi Simplicity CLI

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Ridiculous Citi Simplicity CLI

The entire call took about 15 minutes and I was connected with a lower level CSR but due to my FA still reporting, I was routed to a level 2 CSR. CL started at 3.5k. I asked for 8k and GOT IT no questions asked...with a HP of course but it was totally worth it!

Stats:

10 credit card accounts, 3 with balances

1 open auto loan

UTL:12%

AAOA: 2 yrs

No baddies

I can not believe the request was granted! I'm going to take advantage of my still active 0% APR promotion.

edited://

Posted in wrong forum. Mods, feel free to relocate Smiley Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ridiculous Citi Simplicity CLI

Congrats !!!
Citi is great with CLI's. Why haven't you tried for 10K ?
Message 2 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I didn't think I'd get approved for 10k considering I only have one other 10k card and it's from BofA.  The rest of my CLs are kind of all over the place. Lol. From 3.5 I didn't want to push my luck! I'll request 10k in a few months tho. The 8k will definitely benefit me now.

Message 3 of 13
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

My DW went from 8K to 20K with HP. I went from 13K to 20K with HP as well. It's worth it.
Message 4 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 13
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

The entire call took about 15 minutes and I was connected with a lower level CSR but due to my FA still reporting, I was routed to a level 2 CSR. CL started at 3.5k. I asked for 8k and GOT IT no questions asked...with a HP of course but it was totally worth it!

Stats:

10 credit card accounts, 3 with balances

1 open auto loan

UTL:12%

AAOA: 2 yrs

No baddies

I can not believe the request was granted! I'm going to take advantage of my still active 0% APR promotion.

edited://

Posted in wrong forum. Mods, feel free to relocate Smiley Happy

That's excellent - congratulations!  Definitely worth a HP.  But it does make ya wonder if you could have gotten more!  But like you said, you can ask for another CLI in just 6 months.  I got my Simplicity card a year ago and just a few days ago I asked for my 2nd SP CLI online.  I only asked for $1,500 and was instantly approved, but that left me feeling like I should have asked for more.  lol  But more can often mean a HP and I'm trying to cultivate my crop (aka gardening).

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 6 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I'm semi gardenining for now. Lol. No app sprees in the future. Just working on making my current credit better.

And thank you all. I'm surprised Citi is that generous! Smiley Happy)

Message 7 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

WTG BRAVO and CONGRATS 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 13
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! how long have you had the card for?

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 9 of 13
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Was there a question in there somewhere or are you just gloating? lol just kidding. Congrats. Maybe that is why they call it the Simplicity card.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.