cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riding the Cap1 wave.. Venture approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Riding the Cap1 wave.. Venture approval!

I recently got a CLI on my QS1. Thread @ http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Cap1-QS1-Credit-Steps-Graduation-CLI/td-p/4839...

Today I decided, what the hell, my father has always been talking about the Venture card. I tried 6 months ago and was denied instantly.

Fast forward to today, I just wanted to ride the wave and see if Cap1 would give me a Venture card.

APPROVED $10,000 SL.

WOW!? Literally > 3x the limit on any cc i have. Cap1 really wants me to use them. lol.

This is really it for me. Garden for real this time...

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Riding the Cap1 wave.. Venture approval!

Congrats.. Nice approval!  Were you pre-qualified or cold application?

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats.. Nice approval!  Were you pre-qualified or cold application?

I tried the prequal site but it said i was pre approved for the QS1 and Platinum. Venture was a cold app.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Venture ! I had a similar sitaution where i was approved about 2 years ago for a Venture for 15k. My highest card at that time. After i completed the bonus spend my first CLI after that was 3k to get to 18k. Then every 6 months they kept tossing me 1k so im currently sitting at 20k.

Card definetly has potential to grow and set the bar to bring higher credit limits for you in the future. Congrats again and enjoy.

Message 4 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. I know the feeling. I almost fell off the couch when the approval page came up 10k. Now its 16.5k after combining my old QS1.

Message 5 of 18
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Op Congrats!!! 

I've been wanting this card for quite some time. 

You know what your Fico 04 scores were at the time of app?

Thanks

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@My_Fako wrote:

Op Congrats!!! 

I've been wanting this card for quite some time. 

You know what your Fico 04 scores were at the time of app?

Thanks

Sorry, not sure where to look to get Fico 4. Only others I see are 2,3,9.

Message 7 of 18
My_Fako
Established Contributor

They are your mortgage scores. 

You have Myfico 3b?

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@I recently got a CLI on my QS1. Thread @ http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Cap1-QS1-Credit-Steps-Graduation-CLI/td-p/4839861

Today I decided, what the hell, my father has always been talking about the Venture card. I tried 6 months ago and was denied instantly.

Fast forward to today, I just wanted to ride the wave and see if Cap1 would give me a Venture card.

APPROVED $10,000 SL.

WOW!? Literally > 3x the limit on any cc i have. Cap1 really wants me to use them. lol.

This is really it for me. Garden for real this time...

Congrats! No surprise because Venture Card starts at 10K right?

Message 9 of 18
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

I've seen posts here and on creditboards for lower than 10k.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.