Did you mean: 

Right On - Right On - NFCU Rules

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right On - Right On - NFCU Rules

APPROVED - NFCU Platinum Visa - $10,000 SL

Additional details:

Applied over phone for membership yesterday.  The process took about 30 minutes. The CSR was very nice. Upon completion of the membership process (my spouse is already a member) I asked about a credit card. She transferred me to the credit card department and I gave them my info.  There was not an automatic approval.  The rep said it went to pending and I would hear something within two days or less.  This was about 3 PM (3/14).  Around 9 PM I received a text message saying you are approved.  I was astounded. The text did not give me a SL or APR.  I checked my account and the card was not showing until this morning (3/15).  I still could not find the APR so I will wait until I receive the card. I opted for express shipping for $12. I used household income for the app and my TU score of 625. The membership hard pull was from Equifax with a score of 631.   I have four medical collections. Two are paid and I am waiting for them to come off.  I mentioned this to the CC CSR and she said if you are approved you can transfer those two collections to you new card (this was interesting). I decided to not do that at this time.

I started my rebuild in October 2018.  I have not had any credit for many, many years prior to that time. I have been approved for the following cards since 10/18. 

BOFA $500

USAA $500

Pel State FCU $1000

Discover $200 (Secured)

Belk Mastercard $1000

AMEX ED $2000

Current scores are:  EX 720/EQ 631/TU 625  (Four collections on EQ and TU) None on EX.

I am really excited about the SL.  It feels good to have that cushion.  I intend to make it and Amex my go to cards.

I am also very appreciate to the members of MyFico for the information provided on this forum that has helped in my journey. Although I just joined I have been following the forum through my spouse. Now I will work on responsible use and aging of the cards that I have obtained and the removal of the medical collections.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Right On - Right On - NFCU Rules

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Approval and the AWESOME SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 10
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the fam Smiley Happy!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...that is great news...congrats on your success and keep up the good work!!

Message 4 of 10
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Snoop 1.gif

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!

Message 6 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new card and welcome to the board. Here is something that may help you with those 2 last med collections

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta love some Navy! Congrats... the cushion is always nice to feel day to day! 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job, Ts. Congratulations!

And thank you for the DPs. Good stuff.

Message 9 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You’re right to be excited. That’s an awesome SL. Congratulations!!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.