Did you mean: 

Ritz Approved $20k - 5/24 Data Point

tag
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Re: Ritz Approved $20k - 5/24 Data Point

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah co-branded cards don't fall under the 5/24 rule

I didn't realize that. I didn't place any Chase cards on my list at all due to the 5/24. I figured it would be 2018 before I could even think about applying Smiley Tongue Guess I'll look again.

Oh! Congrats OP!

More than enough credit.
Message 11 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to DW on her approval!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 12 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This isn't 100% true...  about 1/2 of co-branded cards do fall under the 24x5 rule while the other half don't.  For example Southwest does along with Marriott Personal, but Ritz and IHG don't currently.  There are lists floating around of cards which do and don't currently fall under the rule.. Would hate to see someone waste an inquiry based on that statement.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah quite a few of the co-branded cards are under the 5/24 restriction, so it's good to see that this one is not.

Do you guys think it would be a bad idea to use Ritz as a CLI of sorts for more Chase exposure for people well beyond 5/24?
Message 14 of 18
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This isn't 100% true...  about 1/2 of co-branded cards do fall under the 24x5 rule while the other half don't.  For example Southwest does along with Marriott Personal, but Ritz and IHG don't currently.  There are lists floating around of cards which do and don't currently fall under the rule.. Would hate to see someone waste an inquiry based on that statement.

Thank you for clarifying.  I was about to hop on over to Chase's site and app for the Marriott biz card.

Message 15 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sccredit wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for clarifying.  I was about to hop on over to Chase's site and app for the Marriott biz card.

I believe the Marriott Biz Card isn't included in the 24x5 rule.. You might want to google that to make sure, but I believe you would be ok with that, but double check.. Just the personal card is included w/regards to marriott.

@OP sorry for thread jacking your thread, just trying to relay some information.

Message 16 of 18
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe the Marriott Biz Card isn't included in the 24x5 rule.. You might want to google that to make sure, but I believe you would be ok with that, but double check.. Just the personal card is included w/regards to marriott.

@OP sorry for thread jacking your thread, just trying to relay some information.

Best I can tell is that it does apply to the Marriott Biz card.

it looks like the following cards are NOT subject to 5/24:

IHG

Hyatt

British Airways

Disney

Fairmont

Amazon

AARP

Message 17 of 18
aav
Established Contributor

Congrats!
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.