Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton 7-10 Day Message = Approved w/Verification

tag
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Ritz Carlton 7-10 Day Message = Approved w/Verification

After closing on the new house there were a 2 cards I wanted - Ritz Carlton or CSR and a Lowes Card.

The Lowes card went smoothly enough instant SL of 3k and a phone call received a day later verifying I in fact did apply. Credit Solutions wasn't keen on an instant CLI (maybe because of the verification thing that I hadn't yet completed). I know I shouldn't have poked the Synchrony bear but my exposure with them is relatively low and I could have stomached losing my Synchrony accounts if it came to it.

There was no way I'd get the CSR since I'm well over 5/24 (opened 3 Chase cards in March and most of my rebuilding cards between October 2014 and early 2015 - those are now all closed). So I went for the Ritz Carlton seeing several people with similar scores getting approved.

Received the dreaded 7-10 message instantly, received a 30 day email, and the phone status line said 7-10 days. Thinking back I believe my CSP and Freedom apps went the same way.

Then a missed call from what is apparently a Chase number. Called them back and needed to do verification. Analyst approved for 10k SL.

Scores

EQ 692 - shows a Cap1 charge-off from 2012 that is repeatedly updating but was recently settled and a satisfied judgment

TU 754 - clean report

EX 665 - same negs as EQ

Apparently my TU report has a fraud alert on it that requires I verify that I applied and I'm assuming that's why there was the 7-10 day message.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz Carlton 7-10 Day Message = Approved w/Verification

Congrats on your new house and new cards !! You're right it was most likely the TU fraud alert that triggered 7-10 just needing verification.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appd for CSR last Monday and got the "7 - 10 day pending review" message so I figured denied for 5/24. So I appd Ritz, got the same "7 - 10 day" message but 30 day email. I already have 3 Chase cards, all 14+ month's old, and hope the 5/24 won't kill my Ritz app. Yesterday I get the denial for the CSR and the only thing it states for denial is "BK reporting on your CR". My BK 7 is over 9.5 yrs old and already fell off my EX report but is still showing on my EQ report. Chase pulled both for my CSR app but only EX for my Ritz app. Now I'm thinking the Ritz app will be declined as well. My BK did not include a single CC or personal lender. It was for a personal guarantee on a business loan for some large CNC equipment, so Chase, nor any other CC lender was burned. Now I'm wondering if it's worth reconning either app. I was expecting 5/24 to be an issue with CSR, but I figured Ritz wouldn't be an issue. Still haven't heard or received anything.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's nice, congrats on your approval and success getting this card !! Enjoy the benefits Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.