Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Approval $31K - **RECEIVED 10-26-16 UPDATE**

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Ritz Carlton Approval $31K - **RECEIVED 10-26-16 UPDATE**

Got a pop up on my Chase account for the Ritz Carolton this past Wednesday, decided to apply to the deal it was giving and the Visa Infinity and everything else I have read about it. They call me Thursday morning as I needed to unlock my EQ credit report and did so and the lady had me hold for about 3 mins and came back and said congrats, you are approved for $31K and you should get it in 2 weeks. No email but logged on this morning and saw it was added to my account. Believe the interest rate is 16%-something.  Decent SL and looking forward to spending the $5k in 3 mos for bonus and already added wife for the 10k points bonus.  I will really put it to use in the 1Q2017 with some international travel with the DW and kids.

For stats: Live in Northern Virginia, Brambleton area outside of DC. They pulled only EQ, score on MyFico is 762 as of yesterday. 11% utilized on all credit lines, income is $329K/yr for me (I applied with my income only and added DW as AU), no lates, no collections, no baddies period. Oldest credit card is Amex, over 20 years. 17 inquiries this year, so not really believing that Chase is as INQ sensitive as reported or the other rules about not being approved if you have opened more than 2 cards in the last several months anywhere not just Chase (which I have with Amex ED, Amex Delta and Chase Freedome...all within the last 6 months).

Now looking forward to the "unboxing" that I keep reading about!  Smiley Very Happy

Ritz.jpg

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ritz Carlton Approval $31K

Congrats.. Enjoy the Ritz.. Some good benefits!

Message 2 of 21
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, will be stalking the postman for it over the next few weeks!  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nicely doneSmiley Happy I would say the inqs didnt matter as much in your case as your profile is strong and a great income surely helps. They know they will get your businessSmiley Happy. Enjoy your new card and remember, the postman is the one carrying the mail... no mistakes...no mistakes...lol!Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 21
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

LOL! Hope my first charge is not for bail money! Smiley Tongue

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Very nicely doneSmiley Happy I would say the inqs didnt matter as much in your case as your profile is strong and a great income surely helps. They know they will get your businessSmiley Happy. Enjoy your new card and remember, the postman is the one carrying the mail... no mistakes...no mistakes...lol!Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Enjoy your new SL and don't use it allin one place. Smiley Happy Don't forget I like 5-star breakfasts...when are we going?
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 21
ddemari
Super Contributor

big congrats to you! awesome limit and great card to have! Enjoy! 

Message 8 of 21
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the lovely limit! The Ritz is hands down one of my favorite cards. Also, Ritz cards are overnighted by UPS so you'll get it very soon! 

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That's a great starting limit.

But I'm a little surprised she said it would take 2 weeks?
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.