Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz-Carlton surprise insta-approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ritz-Carlton surprise insta-approval!

Debated a few potential card options for months and this one finally grabbed me with that 3-night link.

I was completely expecting it to go straight to 30 days as my Chase apps always do, but to my surprise, it came back with...

ritz.jpg

Stats for those wondering:

Credit score and bureau: 744 Experian (900% sure they pulled this as with my previous 6 Chase pulls)

Overall utilization: 4%

Inquiries: 13 in the last 12 months

16 personal cards opened in the last 24 months (not counting this one)

and... this puts me pretty close to my 2017 goal of available credit being 4x my income Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ritz-Carlton surprise insta-approval!

Congrats on your approval!  I stilll love my Ritz.. I just dont quite use it as much as the CSR offers such etter value IMO.  Whether I keep it for a 3rd years when my renewal this years comes up I have no clue as the CSR is so much easier to use with the travel credit along with transferring to ANY partner.  You will enjoy the chunk of steel and yet get annoyed how many people will make comments while you use it.. I would say at least half the time I use it someone makes a comment about the weight.

Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats WB, very nice approvalSmiley Happy

@ CC, I didnt think it was so sensitive to its weightSmiley Wink, thankfulling theres probably a good gym at the RitzSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
vooreskie
Valued Member

Awesome SL!  Hope to have this in my hands by the end of the year.  Going to wait until my inquiries drop =]

Message 4 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

I have been eyeing this card for a while.

Since Amex plat is giving me Marriott gold I can now hold off until 2018.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

Congrats!

I have been eyeing this card for a while.

Since Amex plat is giving me Marriott gold I can now hold off until 2018.

Thanks rp! 

Yeah I had been too, even before deciding to grab a SOB card for the trip, but after thinking things over it just seemed like a good one to try for. 

probably keeping Amex Plat for the long term as my home airport is a Delta hub and I mostly fly with them in the states so the lounge access, $200 gift cards per year credit, etc are very convenient, but with the Ritz I will most likely use it until next year's AF comes due then move the limit into CSP/FU and close it out.

Going to be a fun year Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Well that was a new one for ya. Smiley Very Happy

Instants are EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on your approval!  I stilll love my Ritz.. I just dont quite use it as much as the CSR offers such etter value IMO.  Whether I keep it for a 3rd years when my renewal this years comes up I have no clue as the CSR is so much easier to use with the travel credit along with transferring to ANY partner.  You will enjoy the chunk of steel and yet get annoyed how many people will make comments while you use it.. I would say at least half the time I use it someone makes a comment about the weight.

I get comments pretty much every time I hand this card to someone. It is definitely a sexy card. Chase gives a much better presentation with this card than AMEX does with the Platinum. I still have the box my Ritz Carlton card came it... felt it was too pretty to throw away. (Silly I know... lol). My Platinum came in a plain white box... definitely not very impressive for a card with an annual fee of $450. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Platinum came in a plain white box... definitely not very impressive for a card with an annual fee of $450. 

Hey at least yours came in a box. Mine was in a plain white envelope like every other Amex!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.