Re: Rural King Harvest Visa - 15k limit

congrats.....are they geo restricted?

Message 12 of 28
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@britt585 wrote:

congrats.....are they geo restricted?

Rural King is a relatively small chain with 116 stores in 13 states.  According to Wikipedia, they are in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and Alabama.  So I assume you can't get the card outside of those areas, but I don't know for sure.

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in SC but travel a lot.  I see a Rural King in Morganton, NC.  You have to select this as your store before you can go further with the online application for credit.

https://www.ruralking.com/harvest

I once wanted to join Redstone FCU out of Alabama.  About the only way to join is as an employee of a company listed or as a member of a church listed.  Then there was as a member of Friends of the Library, which is a small fee to join.

If you get a a free membership to Redstone FCU when you get approved for the Rural King Harvest Visa card, this seems like the best route to joining the credit union.  I just wonder if you have to have an address inside the state where the Rural Harvest you choose as your store is located.

"By accepting a Rural King loan, you agree to become a member of Redstone Federal Credit Union, at no charge to you."

https://app.loanspq.com/apply.aspx?enc=Kw21Wblm1yxpjJabdoZaD3QDMTYMfmdTwJPstWqfixBKtUzffsRPdMGln2ym-...

Message 14 of 28
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 15 of 28
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I once wanted to join Redstone FCU out of Alabama.  About the only way to join is as an employee of a company listed or as a member of a church listed.  Then there was as a member of Friends of the Library, which is a small fee to join.

If you get a a free membership to Redstone FCU when you get approved for the Rural King Harvest Visa card, this seems like the best route to joining the credit union.  I just wonder if you have to have an address inside the state where the Rural Harvest you choose as your store is located.

Yes, I am apparently a Redstone FCU member now.  Although I hadn't heard of them before, as they aren't in my area.  It would be pretty awesome if I could get in with Vantage West Credit Union by applying for a store card somewhere though!  I've wanted their credit card ever since I read about it on these forums, but it's out of my non-Arizona reach!

What are the perks that drew you to Redstone FCU, if I may ask?  

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have family in Alabama.  Redstone is the state's largest credit union.  They have mostly good things to say about the company.  I'll keep this way into membership in mind.

Message 17 of 28
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice one! Congrats during the season of giving. Happy Holidays! 🌲

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

C'mon people, someone else apply.

Message 19 of 28
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

C'mon people, someone else apply.

It looks like it's going to have to be you!  Smiley Happy

I received my Redstone FCU packet today and signed up for online banking on their website now that I have my member number.  It let me set up outside accounts to pay the credit card with, which was nice.  I was worried that they were going to make me make payments out of one of their accounts. 

The minimum cashback redemption amount is 1000 points (or $5), which is the lowest one I've seen for those who do have a minimum redemption amount.  The rest of my cards are either $25 or no minimum.  For cash you can only do a statement credit, or deposit into a Redstone account.  I could put it in the savings account that they opened for me and transfer it somewhere, but I'll likely just do statement credits. 

Their FHA mortgage rate was an 1/8% lower than my local credit union, but their auto loan rate was 1/2% higher.  I didn't really browse much else in terms of their services.  

I doubt that I'll do much banking with them apart from just paying the Rural King card through their website, but it's kind of neat to have another credit union that I'm a member of should those needs arise.  

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.