cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMS CLUB MASTER CARD APPROVAL (BIG DISAPPOINTED)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SAMS CLUB MASTER CARD APPROVAL (BIG DISAPPOINTED)

Hi All

I been reading the forum for days and finally bite the bullet and pulled the trigger first time entering Synchrony 

and applied for Sams Club memebership and applied for the Master Card. 

And they approved me a toy limit SL$1000 .......... Im extremely disappointed and would like to ask should I immediately cancel it ?

My Fico 8 EX 784 / TU 782 / EQ 798

Pulled TU 

5 inq in 12 months

2 inq in 6 months

Income $173K 

Zero Badies, Never BK, Clean Report 

Utlitzation 9% 

Total limit over $250K 

Plz also see my other cards in my Signature below 

This SL$1000 is the lowest lowest I ever received. I called the credit solution # right after shown approved online and they did a SP on me,

lady keep laughing said i have excellent credit and also well in control and responsible for my credit. But she said system could not CLI me

What did I do wrong ???

Anyone know whats the reason why Synchrony only grant me so little limit ?? 

Should I just cancel the card at least they wont report as a new account to hurt more of my score ? 

If i cancel the card now before they mail out, can I stop them reporting to my report ? or they still report open and closed ?

Thank you for all of your advise

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: SAMS CLUB MASTER CARD APPROVAL (BIG DISAPPOINTED)

Canceling the card wont do a thing, this card will report to your cba super fast. At least you were approved for the MC, you could have been given the store card. Sometimes the limit starts low irregardless of how good your credit is but with your profile, you could easily get this card to 25k in a few months. Wait til after 3rd statement cut to call Credit Solutions and shoot high. Just keep at it, it will grow. Try getting a $300 sl then ask about toy limitsSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 23
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on the Approval and Welcome to the FORUMS!!!

You have a Very impressive signature there!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Canceling the card wont do a thing, this card will report to your cba super fast. At least you were approved for the MC, you could have been given the store card. Sometimes the limit starts low irregardless of how good your credit is but with your profile, you could easily get this card to 25k in a few months. Wait til after 3rd statement cut to call Credit Solutions and shoot high. Just keep at it, it will grow. Try getting a $300 sl then ask about toy limitsSmiley Wink

thank you very much for your advise 

so sound like if i approved online and immeidately call them to cancel the card, they will still report me OPEN + CLOSED. 

That mean this will be counting as 1 new account opened Smiley Sad 

Even tho i stop them sending out to me 

Message 4 of 23
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

It's Synchrony... YOUR REAL credit limit MAY not be 1000    wait until you get your card.   You should always apply in store for synchrony if possible to avoid toy limits.  Give it 4 months you'll be at 25K with a CLI from Credit Solutions. \\  what is your other synchrony credit exposure?

Message 5 of 23
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

DON'T CANCEL IT!

It's really a great card.

Mine started off at $2,000 in club approval. Before long I got it to $8,000 then $15,000 then $25,000.

Nice card to have 5% CB on gas, 3% on dining and travel.

Be patient it will grow.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

It's Synchrony... YOUR REAL credit limit MAY not be 1000    wait until you get your card.   You should always apply in store for synchrony if possible to avoid toy limits.  Give it 4 months you'll be at 25K with a CLI from Credit Solutions. \\  what is your other synchrony credit exposure?

Hi there, thank you for our advise, this is my first synchrony card, i dont have any of their cards in my life, this is the first one 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steelers1 wrote:

DON'T CANCEL IT!

It's really a great card.

Mine started off at $2,000 in club approval. Before long I got it to $8,000 then $15,000 then $25,000.

Nice card to have 5% CB on gas, 3% on dining and travel.

Be patient it will grow.

Hi Steelers

Thank you for sharing your experience, yes i was very disappointed earlier, after reading so many post about Sychrony here and

ending up they threw me a bone on the ground with SL$1000 Smiley Sad 

I will take your advise and keep it then, yes i like 5% gas reward. Hopefully they will give me an increase. 

With $1000 limit maybe i go there buy 2-3 times already max out the card Smiley Sad

Thank you for your advise 

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are worried about maxing out the card, set up push payments from your bank. I would do this anyway because Synchrony’s portals leave a lot to be desired. 

Whenever you use the card, just push a payment from your bank and they’ll release the funds on the card as soon as they get it. It takes 2 business days for my bank and I pay both my PayPal and Amazon cards this way. 

Message 9 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just want to add apping in store vs apping online does not help in preventing a toy limit. You will get approved for whatever the computer deems for your profile. No amount od small talking a cashier or salesperson can chsnge thatSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.