Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCT Approvals

@Anonymous wrote:

we do what we have too! i wanted VS and Express to go with my macy's.. they've been doing layoffs at my work, which is why i also did care credit..

its the second time he gave me his "unsolicited advice"... i know i need to garden but im new here and its so hard! you all have so many credit i never heard of i want to research them all and apply.. LOL..

I'll give you many more "unsolicited advice" too. Research them, but don't apply. Make a list of 2 or 3 cards you want in 6 months and then apply. 

New here means you applied for cards and didn't get them and many people here explained to you why and what to do and you acknowledge and learn. 

Then when you start the SCT game it's easy to get excited with a bunch of $150-$250 starting lines. You end up in toy limit hell. Then when you want a credit card with a big bank and a big boys/girls starting line you start getting declined all over again.

Then you will wonder why...donny10 is not giving nasty smart you know what remarks. 

Feel free to apply for everything and anything. Denial after denial. Wait 6 months to a year, maybe approval after approval.

There a third one for ya.Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW, don't you think I want more cards? Hell yeah...i closed in the last year the following.

Discover It $3500

Marvel $10000

Cashforward  $6500

Ring $5000

Penfed PLOC  $10000

Quicksilver $4000

Venture One $9500

Comenity Dental First $9500

Capital One Dining Premier $25000

And more. I kept what I like in my siggy. I just applied and was approved for the CSP and Penfed Power Cash. But I was in the garden for 6 months before applying for those two latest cards. I'm back in the garden again for another 6 months to a year before I consider anything else even though I would like more and most likely get approved for any card I want. But if I want to keep getting the big starting lines, I wait and space it out.

There is strategy. The two biggest strategic moves are discipline and self control.

Message 22 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

idk why you are still going on and on.. i did 2 cause i was curious and thats it....the end..

side note.. theres no way to delete a post right? i never should have posted this.. and believe me.. im going in the garden but if anything else happens i wont be posting ive learned my lesson.. im here to learn not get beat up about decisions and told what to do like im 5.. i know that i screwed up by applying for a bunch of cards and getting denied(but i didn't waste the HP's , i recon'd them all!) and that i can't keep applying.. seriously.. i get it..

the end.

Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree with donny10

I got that first SCT pop-up by default while shopping online at VS for something I needed. Because I am in the middle rebuilding since December and at that point only had one Cap 1 QS1, I applied because I was pre-approved. I didn't even know who Comenity was so I Googled it and learned about the SCT! Bad news! Although it helped boost my total CL, I was now the owner of 10, yes 10 Comenity Bank Cards. At the advise of some knoweledgable peeps here on MF, I just closed out my 4 smallest. I'm not worried about my score decreasing because my util is at 1%. As soon as I am able to CLI my NFCU Cash Rewards Card, I will close out a few more of the higher limit cards. But for now, I will keep them open so that I have some credit to work with on my "real cards" and keep my util low.

Starting Scores December 2015 (High 400's to low 500's)

As of 9/2017: EQ: 628 / TU:644 / EX: 660

VS: $350 - Closed

JCrew: $250 - Closed

Loft: $500 - Closed

Talbots: $300 - Closed

Williams-Sonoma - $1K

Frontgate- $1K - Next to close

OS - $1K

Wayfair - $1K - Next to close

Boscovs - $1K - Next to close

Pottery Barn - $2K

QS1 - $300 CLI to $750

QSQ - $300 (big mistake)

BofA - $500 ($99/$500) - hoping this will grow by end of December

NFCU - $2,100 - CLI and 2nd card end of Oct. hopefully!

Gardening while some of this ages and a few more baddies age off

@Anonymous wrote:

BTW, don't you think I want more cards? Hell yeah...i closed in the last year the following.

Discover It $3500

Marvel $10000

Cashforward  $6500

Ring $5000

Penfed PLOC  $10000

Quicksilver $4000

Venture One $9500

Comenity Dental First $9500

Capital One Dining Premier $25000

And more. I kept what I like in my siggy. I just applied and was approved for the CSP and Penfed Power Cash. But I was in the garden for 6 months before applying for those two latest cards. I'm back in the garden again for another 6 months to a year before I consider anything else even though I would like more and most likely get approved for any card I want. But if I want to keep getting the big starting lines, I wait and space it out.

There is strategy. The two biggest strategic moves are discipline and self control.

Message 24 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

does nobody listen to me? i said i did 2 cause i was curious and now im done.. the end!!!!

Message 25 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enough already with the unsolicited advice.  As we have made clear on many occasions the approvals forums is not the place to 'lecture' anyone on their credit files and/or habits.  If you can't say something positive in response, then don't post.

Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is something positive irish80.

congratulations sasha123. Keep up the good work!
Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Sasha! Nothing wrong with any store card so long as it's being used, whether it was app'd or SCT. Give Comenity attention and they will show you some love, setting you up for bigger and better things.
Message 28 of 45
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Yep - I have two of 'em, and they did and are doing their job for me. Congrats!

Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

finally got my express card today.. SL is $350.. tried luv button nogo, tried robolady nogo.. womp womp

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.